EMERGENCY! AC controls/ Auto Headlights not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FakeBakn3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Please give your input asap. I'm supposed to leave in 3 days for a 7 day colorado trip towing my 5th wheel, and my truck is giving me hell. I went to start it and the batteries were very low (haven't checked the amps on them yet). jumped the truck off, reset the low voltage code, and noticed my auto-headlights no longer worked (manually switching works just fine) and my AC controls have no lights and only the blower motor switch works (air just comes from floor vents, no compressor kick or anything). Please help, I only have 3 days to figure this out. No other problems with the truck ever.

Info on the truck
2011 Ram 2500 CC 4x4 6.7, EGR/DPF/Exhaust delete, straight pipe. S&B CAI, and H&S Mini Maxx.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I would take it to the dealer ASAP if I were you. I can't help at all but that's my suggestion anyway!

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
the dead batteries is probably your culprit. have yours load tested and replace if needed. everything is electronically controlled and these trucks act funny when the batteries are on there way out.

SlowRoller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
/\ /\ /\ YEP.

In todays world, we have electronic vehicles. More technology in your truck than what was in the first mission to the moon.

If your juice isn't right, you're gonna see some real funky stuff,,,

OP
OP
F

FakeBakn3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Ok.. $337 (including a 10% discount, lol) later, all is well.. 2 batteries and a 30 minute period without any juice seems to have resolved the issues. Thanks for the replies!:favorites13:

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
If you don't drive your truck much I would invest in a battery tender. I have one on my Dakota and it cranks up no problem even after 3 months. Cheap solution to buying batteries all the time. The AGM batteries I like are $200.

Jrouille

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys I have a 2013 Ram 1500. All the sudden I had zero power on any of my ac or heat on the soft controls on the 8.4 uconnect or on any of the hard keys. Also my auto headlights weren't working either. I brought to my mechanic and I was told that the whole 8.4 uconnect system would have to be replaced or sent away to be rebuilt. $500 to $1500. Anyway after searching through these forums I saw that the auto headlights and the climate system are both controlled by the climate control module. So I ordered one for $60 and replaced it myself which literally took 5 min. Disconnected negative battery terminal and swapped it out. Mine is to right of glove box. Take glove box out and remove the panel to the right. Easy peasy. Hooked battery up and turned truck on and just like new! I hope this helps.