Empty slots in fuse box???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

300MAG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
trying to power some grill leds and I wanted to power from one of the spare fuse slots in the fuse box in engine compartment and all of the spare(empty) slots appear to be dead. Do they not wire the empty slots these days in the fuse boxes? worst case I will piggy back off another fuse or splice into parking lamp wire but not my first choice.

OP
OP
300MAG

300MAG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I guess nobody knows wheather or not the empty slots are powered. I think I'm just going to tap into parking lamp circuit and power when the headlights are activated.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Skyjockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock 4x4
Engine
3.6L
Empty slots I noticed didn't have any contact pins in them. Other problem is with those piggybacks shown above. Do they make those in the size of the fuses in the box? I don't think any of them are the "normal" size they are all tiny, like 1/4" or so wide

tmletourneau

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I guess nobody knows wheather or not the empty slots are powered. I think I'm just going to tap into parking lamp circuit and power when the headlights are activated.

Some of them have power, some do not. For instance, on my 2014 the F79 (Cab lights) fuse had power to it, but no outgoing wire on the other side. Same with the 2 heated seat fuses (F25 & 26 IIRC) . Others I saw when I had the TIPM apart to add wires to the outgoing side of the above 3 did not have power going into them. A meter or test light will show you which side of the fuse has power.

-K