Engine Bay: Bling Bling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dbush36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am going red with black background. Then if I can figure out how to do it, I will leave a gap between the backplate and cover and add red led to light at night kind of like the s&b pic from earlier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
What do you guys think?

Nice.

Keep it simple, 2 colors i better than 3, 3 colors is better than 4.

It is teh engine bay you want to impress, not the color pallete

OP
OP
Hipps2000

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
I am going red with black background. Then if I can figure out how to do it, I will leave a gap between the backplate and cover and add red led to light at night kind of like the s&b pic from earlier

That would be sick...lol Do what David Ram did use plexi-glass spacer between backplate and then single little red led's drilled in from back of cover. you might have to go thicker then 1/8" maybe 1/2". Cool idea!!! Are you going with any BT stuff?

Dbush36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would like to but they are a little salty for my budget... I painted my hood shocks, radiator cap, and fuse box lid to match truck... Used stainless braid on radiator hoses and vacuum lines with red ends. Going to put red led behind grill for a nice glow

Dbush36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Awesome idea on the plexi!!

Dbush36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That would be sick...lol Do what David Ram did use plexi-glass spacer between backplate and then single little red led's drilled in from back of cover. you might have to go thicker then 1/8" maybe 1/2". Cool idea!!! Are you going with any BT stuff?

Are there any pics of David ram's led mod???

OP
OP
Hipps2000

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
I would like to but they are a little salty for my budget... I painted my hood shocks, radiator cap, and fuse box lid to match truck... Used stainless braid on radiator hoses and vacuum lines with red ends. Going to put red led behind grill for a nice glow

Sounds nice!! Post up some pics..Love to check it out!:naughty:

Dbush36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
For sure! Out of town for a couple weeks will when I get home!

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey David...Thanks man...I saw that many leave top cover off, just don't know if I want to see that plastic intake lol. It would look better with a supercharger on top of it...just not there yet. lol This is why I want to paint them opposite so that both covers compliment one another. I am leaning toward black with red lettering on 3G half covers and black center red lettering and red outer on top cover. Gonna have painted at a shop so won't look as plastic. How is your Jeep coming? I noticed when I PM'd you that my phone screwed up some of the words..so you probably didn't understand what I meant. Was inferring on your new project. I got the jeep PCM cover yesterday, it's a little smaller than the PCM in the truck, but fits. Question did you trim the little tabs underneath? I might use this as a mock up to get one Fabbed up at local metal shop that fits perfectly. I also pulled your specs for a battery box cover...spoke with 3G customs but might be better having fabbed locally where they can see truck. Yeah, so the plan is to get the PCM, battery cover, top motor cover, and fuse box done up. Powder coat the 3G customs half covers, and install red silicon hoses with the 180 stat and then all the BT candy. I should complete over the next 4 weeks. You can watch progress here. :superhack:

I understood your reply and replied back to you already. You didn't get it? Jeeps coming along great, thanks. I really enjoy driving it. Pretty soon the top will come off for the summer months! I am start doing some engine bay mods on the Jeep soon... :naughty:

Btw, 3G made my battery cover based on the specs and drawing below. The only issue I had was when I added the BT hood strut covers, the battery cover might have barely hit it a little and would have scratched it, so I cut a little chunk out of the battery cover. You can see it in the picture below...

Attachments

• Battery Cover Final.JPG
    Battery Cover Final.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 155
  • AEngineBay3.jpg
    AEngineBay3.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 192

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Be careful with how thick a plexi-glass you guys use as a spacers on the half cover, there isn't much room under there, and also consider the heat when talking about doing LEDs...

Depending on the colors, it would be better to have an LED shining onto the covers from the side or above, rather than try to mount LEDs around the plexi-glass in that tight hot space. imho :)

Last edited:

Dbush36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Coming along nicely!
58a86fc27ed850bc0701493af3b6fea6.jpg

Shambo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
where did you get the valve cover covers?

OP
OP
Hipps2000

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Looking great! Mine are getting powder coated now I did black covers with
HEMI in chrome and RT in red! Should get back this week. I'll post pic once I get them. I am still waiting on Billet polished water neck...taking forever.