Engine swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dew95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I am trying to find what all year models I could take the 4.7l v8 engine out of and put into my 2012. My 2012 has 248,000 miles and is starting to smoke a lot and burn a lot of oil. So I would like to swap a lesser mile engine into it.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Buying a used engine has increased risk, no idea if what problems you are buying. You could pull and rebuild it.

OP
OP
D

Dew95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Buying a used engine has increased risk, no idea if what problems you are buying. You could pull and rebuild it.
I understand that. But it is the only vehicle we have that my wife can drive right now because everything else we have is a manual transmission. So I’m needing a used motor I can tear down and rebuild while she continues to drive the truck for now. That way it won’t be down as long. If I get another engine for it and rebuild it then once it’s rebuild and ready to go in the truck will only be down for a day or 2.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I understand that. But it is the only vehicle we have that my wife can drive right now because everything else we have is a manual transmission. So I’m needing a used motor I can tear down and rebuild while she continues to drive the truck for now. That way it won’t be down as long. If I get another engine for it and rebuild it then once it’s rebuild and ready to go in the truck will only be down for a day or 2.
Teach the wife to drive a stick,lol.