ESP/BAS Light Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JamesV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm looking for some input from you guys.

I have a 2009 Crew Cab. I had it in the shop a couple of weeks ago for some heater/A/C work, they replaced the heater core, evaporator and one of the blend door actuators while the dash was out. Picked the truck up and found that there was a noticeable difference in temperature(about 25-30 degrees) between the left and right side of the dash, it does have the dual zone climate control. Took it back to the shop and after having it for a few days and not being able to get the actuator to calibrate, they call and tell me it's ready and that there was a broken wire buried in the harness. Driving back to work after getting the truck the ESP/BAS light comes on. I noticed last night while back into the driveway that i did not have any brake lights. Checked under the dash and it seemed that the brake light switch was a little "sticky" so I ran grabbed a new one, stuck it in there and still no brake lights.

By this time I had ran out of daylight and said to heck with it for now. I went to get in the truck this morning to head to work, no brake lights and all, and the truck wouldn't even shift out of park. Seems the brake pedal "safety" is not releasing.

All fuses appear to be good.

Is there something simple I am missing or a manual release to get the truck out of park?

Sorry for the lengthy post, just trying to give you guys a little info on how and when the problem came about.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

bdc2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think I read in my manual? that there is a release on the underside of the column that you can hit with a screwdriver and get it to start in neutral.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
When you installed the brake switch, did you push the black tab down?

OP
OP
JamesV

JamesV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did now... Didn't even see the tab when i put it in. I knew it had to be something simple, I was just frustrated when I was working on it.

Thanks for the help!