Exhaust Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
Well i went to the exhaust shop and got quoted for $600 for them re-doing brand new piping, cat deleted with Flowy's 40 series for 600 bucks. Now headers, the guy in there said he has done hundreds of Dodge's with gibson, or flowtech headers, and they just crumble within months time. He said that patriot, makes a mean set of hedders that or scotts? Never heard of scotts but anyways patriots. I cant find ANYTHING online as far as patriots "fitting" a dodge truck. Nor ****** hedders, price is not so much a facter, but i'd like to keep it under $500. Need some help, also flange i heard you want at least 3/8 of a flange. Of course the off road shop near me said he could order me some of patriots. But $600 is kinda spendy, im wonderin if they are tryin to screw me or what. Anything helps guys.

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Anything less that a 3/8" flange and you'll wish you never went the headers route!

Check American Racing Headers and Kooks as well. I have NO idea if they sell any for your truck, but they're quality pieces.

Chris

OP
OP

97Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
Alright will do thanks bud.

OP
OP

97Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
Yeah me either, but personally i beleive they sound better without them. Plus im not that irresponsible so im not gonna be romping on it all the time.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Well I have had a set of Gibson headers on my truck for years now, in the snow, salt, and they are fine, best set of headers I have owned. ****** header's for the magnums like to leek at the flange, don't matter what gasket you use with them.

ParrotHead FA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 magnum
I have a set of JBA shortys on my Ram, have had them for many years now and they are still in great shape. I simply had an exhaust shop hook up 2" pipe to each header and ran the pipe all the way to the back bumper. Sounds incredible and improved fuel economy and power too.
Dave

OP
OP

97Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
Ya know, for the money and gibsons being around $350 range, im gonna go with gibsons. Just because they are way cheaper. I think the shop is just lookin for a quicker buck in their pocket. Thanks yall.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
You will enjoy the Gibson headers great product. There are few bolts that are a pita to get in, just take your time put your tongue in the right spot and they will go. No need to dimple the headers.