exhaust info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lilwayne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
need exhaust info/recommendations

What would be the best sounding exhaust that is reasonably loud with a nice rumble to it....where can I find some reasonably priced headers also cuz I want to buy from the headers back to the muffler I'm reusing the tailpipes I have....I would like to get long tube headers... Thanks

Last edited:

hotkarl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Semi-Hemi
Not sure about headers but I have the Flowmaster 40 cat back system with dual pipes. Sounds awesome.
In fact, it seems to be the ONLY good thing about my truck.

OP
OP
lilwayne

lilwayne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Nice I've only had my truck for like a week and a half I love it but the exhaust is horrible it feels like its being restrictive of power....I think mainly I need new cats on it cuz they are running at like 1700 to 1800 degrees when u put the petal to the floor

Gecko

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004, 2004
Engine
5.7L Hemi, 8.3L V10
Most likely your cats are fine. If your looking for performance than you want a straight through muffler such as magnaflow. Flowmasters are chambered so they are louder than the maggies but don't offer the performance benefits of the maggies. If you're going to do LT headers than you'll either need to relocate your cats,use the aftermarket midpipe or offroad piping that you can get with the LT's, or you can get a custom exhaust setup.

Are you looking to do the install yourself or have a shop do it? I know you're looking for cheap headers but including all the parts and labor its not going to be as cheap as you want it to be unless you do it yourself.

Ramguy65

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went with a true dual catback system with an 18" Magnaflow. Sounds awesome.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk

ramminsilver

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RAM 2500
Engine
HEMI
I have a 14" Magnaflow on my 2500 and love it. Single-in/ Single-out that exits behind the passenger rear tire. The tone and overall sound got deeper and throatier after a few hundred miles on it. I would do it again on my next RAM.

OP
OP
lilwayne

lilwayne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
thanks guys and im looking at doing my whole exhaust by end of summer but for now im jus gunna do my mid pipes with the cats cuz no cat on any car should b running at 1800 degrees highest should b 1200

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pacesetter Lt's from moes will be your best bet. I searched for a while til I bought some an best price I found for them coated.

OP
OP
lilwayne

lilwayne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Which set is better the american racing ones or pacesetter?