Factory tailgate damper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kfield

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is there a way to get the factory tailgate damper? I know I can get a Dee-Zee, but would rather have the factory if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
K

Kfield

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Adam vera

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I believe this is installed behind driver side tail lamp out of sight. You can also order power tailgate release to go with this kit. Ill try to upload the install instructions tomorrow.

OP
OP
K

Kfield

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here it is

Thank you! That’s what I want.

Now will it allow for power release if I get the sales code added, or is that a different module?

Adam vera

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you! That’s what I want.

Now will it allow for power release if I get the sales code added, or is that a different module?

Not sure on this.

Adam vera

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
From install sheet it looks like the keyfob with release button and reprogram, but I could be wrong

Yeah looking at it again you would need to buy both accessories, in order to achieve what you're looking for.

OP
OP
K

Kfield

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah looking at it again you would need to buy both accessories, in order to achieve what you're looking for.

That would not be worth the fob and dealer flash cost

OP
OP
K

Kfield

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just spent a good while with the parts dept. Bottom line just need a keyfob and program for tailgate release.

Then I looked at the remote start and the kit comes with 2 new 5 button key fobs. Mopar could not say if those keyfob had the tailgate release button on it or not. If I can confirm this I will go OE with the remote start.

Mopar has no clue about the accessory kits for these trucks. They at first said my damper should have came with new fobs. Then the parts person pointed out it had 2 part numbers and the Mopar person couldn’t even find item for the fob part number. It was a joke.

The damper installed in under 5 min and works great. That included getting tools together and put away