Factory Tradesman Front Bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sooners89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 L
I have a 2017 Tradesman 1500, and have never had a Ram before. What is the oldest model bumper that will work with my truck? Would it be any from the 4th gen as long as it is the lone star and not sport body style?

I used the search function and didn't find anything on this so sorry if it's been asked before.

Not my image, but just the bottom chrome part. I doubt I will even put on the black air flap on the bottom, unless it serves a decent purpose that I'm unaware of?

5613bd9fb40cb128fc44022ccc68bbeb.jpg

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The bottom spoiler creates a low pressure area, drawing air up into the engine space and in front of the radiator(s), condensers, etc...to help with cooling.

It also has a small aero function. Any full metal bumper should bolt up there. I believe you can go back to 2014. Also, with a few different brackets you could mount a urethane unit there.

Are you looking to swap bumpers?

OP
OP
Sooners89

Sooners89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 L
The bottom spoiler creates a low pressure area, drawing air up into the engine space and in front of the radiator(s), condensers, etc...to help with cooling.

And that is exactly why I asked. Thank you!

It also has a small aero function. Any full metal bumper should bolt up there. I believe you can go back to 2014. Also, with a few different brackets you could mount a urethane unit there.

Are you looking to swap bumpers?

I am just wanting to replace it with a factory chrome one. It has a pretty bad ding in it currently, which throws off the whole aesthetic lol.

I was just trying to find one as cheap as possible and maybe even used if I could but I'm not finding any used 2017 bumpers.

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check local salvage or craigslist first. Otherwise, they're pretty reasonable on ebay. Like 135w/ free shipping. Chrome or primed for paint.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If you can get one ready for paint, that would be awesome, IMHO. I've always like the monochromatic look over paint and chrome.

OP
OP
Sooners89

Sooners89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 L
Check local salvage or craigslist first. Otherwise, they're pretty reasonable on ebay. Like 135w/ free shipping. Chrome or primed for paint.

That's where I first checked but didn't know one from a 2014 model and newer would work. So I will probably go that route now. Thanks!

OP
OP
Sooners89

Sooners89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 L
If you can get one ready for paint, that would be awesome, IMHO. I've always like the monochromatic look over paint and chrome.

Oh yeah like to match the truck? I think that looks good as well. Just didn't want to fork over the extra $$ lol.

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
There are a lot of people that switch out to an after market bumper. You should be able to find one pretty reasonable.

OP
OP
Sooners89

Sooners89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 L
Cheapest I'm finding for the factory chrome bumper is 270, I guess I'm a cheapskate.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AxleFolly