Favorite tool brand

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
damn ninja edits

Megahemi06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When i was wrenching for a living it was Snap-On & Mac Tools. Still have them.

SuperBeaner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I really dig Craftsman hand tools. They aren't as high quality as some brands, but they also don't care how you broke them or when. As far as power tools, I really like Bosch and Hitachi and Makita.

And senco pneumatics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sagebrush2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have all Craftsman wrenches, sockets, etc. with the exception of a bunch of sockets I inherited that were made in either Taiwan or Sri Lanka.

Power tools I prefer DeWalt.

I do have a Kobalt tape measure that I'm pleased with. My brother got me a Kobalt screwdriver with a ratchet action that I've fallen in love with quickly.

Nickxxxr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Craftsman. And for a cheap tool i use husky. Never had an issue with them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

JJP71584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Craftsman and stanley...harbor freight for cheap tools

Tappin it...

daninfamous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Craftsman make up the bulk of my tools, I am slowly picking up some kobalt when some nice stuff is on sale, and I am very slowly picking up some snap-on ratchets/ect.

Dewalt for drills/ect, craftsman for saws/ect.

Okiespaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum, 5.9
I have a bunch of Snap on that I bought at pawn shops...usually for half price. But I also have ALLEN sockets as well. Hard to find except in the midwest.

Air tools are old CP and newer Chinese....:birgits_tiredcoffee

S

scotts2012ram

I use my tools for a living here the run down. We only have a snap-on truck

Hand tools craftsman and some snap-on

Power tools craftsman

Air tools snap-on and some craftsman

USMC1188

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
Truckless...
My main kit is Craftsman, and I have had great luck with them. I have split a couple of their sockets and have had no problems with getting them replaced.

As I need the specialty tools, I usually end up at Harbor Freight. Their stuff isn't actually that bad and they have quite a selection. My jack stands, engine hoist, engine stand, breaker bar, and my big oversized sockets are all from there. They also have the same lifetime warranty on their parts.

My power tools are all Ryobi. I like them alot. The only problem I have at the moment is my drill broke out of nowhere and just stopped working.

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I buy anything I can in craftsman. If I can't find it at sears then it doesn't really matter.

If money was no object, I'd have all snap-on.

Power tools I like dewalt, but I do have a craftsman drill that works great.

USMC1188

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
Truckless...
Just a little info for all of you Snap-On guys. I don't know how common knowledge it is, but the Duralast tools from Autozone are remarked Snap-On tools

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
craftsman, because they are well made with warranty and easy to get and replace if broken

OP
OP
TexasRammer

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just a little info for all of you Snap-On guys. I don't know how common knowledge it is, but the Duralast tools from Autozone are remarked Snap-On tools

All of them? Ive bought a few duralast things(torx sockets and other random stuff) and I havent been to impressed with the quality

USMC1188

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
Truckless...
I know for a fact the wrenches, ratchets, and sockets are.

The other stuff probably isn't

CoolBlue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
I have bought a wide variety of tool brands the last 6~7 years and I make my living with tools.

When I was going to U.T.I. they drilled it in our heads to buy Snap-On only, because Snap-On has a deal with the school (we did get a decent discount while I was there).

After I graduated I got a job working for a company that maintained Wal-Mart tractor-trailers and had both a Mac and Matco tool trucks stop out once a week. I bought tools from them because it was convenient.

Now I work in maintenance at a food processing plant and we don't have any tool trucks stopping out or discounts. So, now I buy the lower mid-range stuff like craftsman, duralast, duracraft, allen, channel lock, gear wrench, etc.

A couple of coworkers use Harbor Freight tools and it seems to be hit or miss with them. But, at that price you just buy another one or ten of the same tool lol.

Honestly you can tell the difference between a good high end tool vs. a mid or lower range tool, but it's not enough for me to justify the massive price differences. Many of the cheaper tool brands still have a lifetime warranty too.

Just my 2-cents ;)

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Have a set of craftsman at the house in a mobile kit, use just about anything at the day job (for the Stihl they have spec tools). Afternoon work helping at the shop is snap-on and Mopar spec tools, bros shop is also full on snap on.

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bright White 3500 Laramie 4X4 Long Bed
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
Hand tools I have a set of Craftsman. I also have a bunch of those $20 100 piece sets in my trunks and garage, ya can't beat them for the price.

Power tools are all Bosch and Hitatchi. Oh and I have a Dremel. I love my friggin Dremel. Nothing is impossible between my Bosch oscillating tool and my Dremel.