Fayetteville, AR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

samxthomas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Hey guys,

I got sick of my old username so I decided to start out fresh. May as well reintroduce myself since I haven't been on here very often. I live (and was born) in Fayetteville, Arkansas, and I'll be attending the University of Arkansas majoring in electrical engineering.

I drive a 2001 Ram 1500 2WD 5.9L QC/SB with nearly 122k miles on it now. There are some pictures of it attached.

The first thing I posted here was about making my truck handle a bit better. That was quite a while ago, and I've done quite a bit on my own since then with the help of a few people I met on facebook, so I'll just list out all the stuff I've done here:

New shock absorbers front and rear (helped so much)
Replaced all four riveted stock ball joints with Moog parts (sucked)
Replaced heater core (new one is leaking again now, sadly) ((sucked horribly))
Replaced dash pad
Rebuilt my 46RE transmission in my garage (raybestos red racing clutch packs, kolene steels, lots of valvebody tweaks/mods, billet superior front/reverse servos, it's absolutely bananas driving around)
Built custom projector headlights using eBay housings and Mini H1 projectors, I'm using 55W 5000k HIDs with them and I've been in love. (see pics)
Electric fans (2x 3.8 '92 Taurus fans, they draw 60A together on high!)
Replaced the radiator since I accidentally destroyed a functional one taking the mechanical clutch fan off the engine..
Painted the engine/accessories black.
Rebuilt the alternator.

Right now I'm about to vacuum out the AC system and recharge it with a propane based refrigerant (because I'm an idiot who wants his engine bay to turn into a fireball).

Current stuff that I'm working on, scheming, planning, or preparing for:

Center console mini fridge (not kidding)
Rollcage (I got a TIG welder finally)
5pt Kirkey racing seats
Sheet metal center console and bottom half of dash
Switch panels
Brake fans
Complete rewire
Microsquirt ECU
46RE standalone transmission controller
Digital dash powered by an arduino
Totally custom sound system using Sure Electronics amplifier
Sound deadening the interior after rollcage is installed.

You may wonder why I haven't mentioned the engine, and that's because I'm debating swapping in a 5.7 hemi. These things have been proven to handle power just like 4.8/5.3 LSs, so I figure it's probably the best route if I'm going to making way too much power reliably. I dunno though, give me your input. My 5.9 is stout and still running strong.

Anyway, I'm Sam, feel free to PM me with questions you have about the stuff I've done.

Attachments

• IMGP4760.jpg
    IMGP4760.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 42
  • IMGP4757.jpg
    IMGP4757.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 30
  • IMGP4765.jpg
    IMGP4765.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20150604_184007.jpg
    IMG_20150604_184007.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 31

tbridg00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Howdy Sam! Nice rig just keep us updated with pictures when you upgrade something. btw.. I've lived in Fort Smith for the past 15 years.

codered

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 QCSB
Engine
magnum 5.9/360
welcome bud!!! and see ya on the field:naughty:

Attachments

• my truck.jpg
    my truck.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 44

1ATony