First post

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ReddJackson

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 Turbo
Picked up a 2015 RAM 2500 Laramie Turbo Diesel in September with only 41k miles, drove home happy as a pig in ****. Next day I get a Check Engine Light, checked the codes, came back with NOX sensor/s…I really don’t have any idea if the Dealership tried to pull some crap on me or not, were they aware and cleared the codes before I bought it…I don’t know but I do know that it passed smog in August, a month before I bought it. Bottom line is I have no way to prove it or not. I was getting 14 mpg. I took it to a local Dealers RAM Truck repair center, they did a complete check up, replaced both NOX sensors…running great and getting 19.7 mpg and I’m still happier than a Pig in ****.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I doubt it. Dealers can't find 'everything'. Or maybe their guy thought it was a nuisance code, took it for a test drive and moved on to the next vehicle. The sales guy probably never knew what they did with it in the back shop. At least they made an effort to make the best repair. Hope that solves it. If not give them a chance to make it riight. Unfortunately there's a lot of electronic stuff on tks these day. (too much!)

Looks like you got a nice truck! :waytogo:

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What's your plan with that big rig? Camper towing? Work? Or just as transporation?

How was Cattlemans? Haven't been there (I should!).

OP
OP
ReddJackson

ReddJackson

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 Turbo
Camper towing, also my every day driver…I sold my 2016 Tundra to buy this rig, local towing was not a problem with the Tundra. I took a 3 week trip last year to South Dakota, had a great freaking time in Rapid City, Spearfish, Deadwood, Sturgis, Mt. Rushmore, all through the Black Hills. BUT towing with the gas engine Tundra is/was PITA. I’m struggling in altitude and mountains, time’s just trying to go 30/35 mph…and I’m watching all these diesel pickups towing more than me towing with ease. I decided then I needed a diesel pickup.

OP
OP
ReddJackson

ReddJackson

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 Turbo
And Cattlemen’s is fine, steaks are good, anything else IMO, not so much