First thing I don’t like about my truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rrjjpp74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Found one thing finally I don’t like about this truck. You can’t have the door open and move i. It puts the darn parking break on and everything. It is so annoying. I think it is the same if your hood is opened. I need to find a way to disable that.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Found one thing finally I don’t like about this truck. You can’t have the door open and move i. It puts the darn parking break on and everything. It is so annoying. I think it is the same if your hood is opened. I need to find a way to disable that.

Good luck

I Love My 2018 RAM 2500HD 4x4 Off Road. 6.4L. USMC (ret)

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
JB1 are you coming to the Central Texas Ram meetup July 21st in Johnson City Texas

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Sorry I was aiming that towards him, like where you been how did you miss the auto park thread lol

http://www.ramforum.com/threads/disable-auto-park-can-it-be-done.120056/

I dunno if I can make that meet, my sons fixing to start at Texas Tech in Lubbock (just did orientation last week), gotta move him up there 08/19, busy time right now but you never know

I know. I was trying to get a laugh out of you.

warv3t

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Guess I'm used to it coming from MB/BMW...........it becomes a non-issue at some point. What did get me was when I did a test fit into my garage and the truck thought I was going to hit my garage and slammed on brakes. Scared the ish out of me. Then I just hit the gas and kept going. Guess I was a bit too close for the truck's liking

OP
OP
rrjjpp74

rrjjpp74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry I was aiming that towards him, like where you been how did you miss the auto park thread lol

http://www.ramforum.com/threads/disable-auto-park-can-it-be-done.120056/

I dunno if I can make that meet, my sons fixing to start at Texas Tech in Lubbock (just did orientation last week), gotta move him up there 08/19, busy time right now but you never know[/QUOT

Guess I didn’t see it because I don’t have a 4th gen. And only browse what pertains to my specific truck year, this is my first ram since 2000.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The more I read posts like these about the auto park and the “need” to disable, the more curious I get, so now I’ve got to comment on it. I’ve been driving for 25 years now, and I’ve driven all kinds of cars and trucks, and have backed up all different kinds of trailers in the tightest of spots. We’ve got rear view mirrors, adjustable passenger and driver side mirrors, driver side windows that can be rolled down to stick your head out of, backup cameras, front park sensors, and rear park sensors. I have NEVER come across a situation where I had to open the door while the vehicle was moving! Now, reading all these posts about people ******** about the auto park, I can’t come up with one situation, but I can’t even fathom that this is a common occurrence. So, what are some of these instances that people are moving around with their driver door open?

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
The more I read posts like these about the auto park and the “need” to disable, the more curious I get, so now I’ve got to comment on it. I’ve been driving for 25 years now, and I’ve driven all kinds of cars and trucks, and have backed up all different kinds of trailers in the tightest of spots. We’ve got rear view mirrors, adjustable passenger and driver side mirrors, driver side windows that can be rolled down to stick your head out of, backup cameras, front park sensors, and rear park sensors. I have NEVER come across a situation where I had to open the door while the vehicle was moving! Now, reading all these posts about people ******** about the auto park, I can’t come up with one situation, but I can’t even fathom that this is a common occurrence. So, what are some of these instances that people are moving around with their driver door open?

Well said. Kudos to you!!!

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Only time I can think of my truck moving with door open is when I’m hooking up my trailer or pulling brush with truck and chain. But that minimum movement. I think I could shut the door and survive. I don’t think I’ll own a auto park truck anytime soon. Hell my 2014 don’t even have backup camera. I like cheap, simple bare bones.

Sgarcia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don’t know why but I seem to always try and move my truck with the door open and this one nor the last one let me, haha. I am in the city a lot and parallel park like to see how close I am to the curb (i guess) lol. One issue I had was the rear parking sensors. I was backing down my folks driveway, the sensor seemed to think I was going to crash when I got to the bottom the thing went nuts on me and the auto break feature (which I didn’t know I had) kicked in. I thought I hit something and began to panic haha. Happened twice now I try and remember to shut it off.

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well, if you are trying to put your front tire in a specific spot, or something under the truck in a specific spot (like parking on a lift prior to lifting), you need the door open to see.

I have had a few instances when the door needed to be open and moving, but generally, with power mirrors, you can get around most of them.

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
When I lived in nyc, I always opened my door for curb clearance. Never wanted to scratch my wheels. Living in Florida I never do it anymore, cause Never have to parallel park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Metro Detroit area after 28 years in Florida
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
Well, if you are trying to put your front tire in a specific spot, or something under the truck in a specific spot (like parking on a lift prior to lifting), you need the door open to see.

I have had a few instances when the door needed to be open and moving, but generally, with power mirrors, you can get around most of them.

With the 360* camera that need has been eliminated.

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When I lived in nyc, I always opened my door for curb clearance. Never wanted to scratch my wheels. Living in Florida I never do it anymore, cause Never have to parallel park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, if you have a high enough trim level and have it turned on in the options, when you put the truck in reverse, the outside mirrors tilt down to let you see that curb clearance you opened the door for. Works very well too I might add.

With the 360* camera that need has been eliminated.

I don't have one, but I am pretty sure the 360 deg camera doesn't see UNDER the truck.

Iron Outlaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I hook and unhook my trailer every day. I leave the door open to do it. However if I had a back up camera I don't think I'd be taking multiple tries to get hooked up anymore.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I hook and unhook my trailer every day. I leave the door open to do it. However if I had a back up camera I don't think I'd be taking multiple tries to get hooked up anymore.
This is one I hear a lot. So I’m trying to picture this in my head. When you back up to the trailer with the door open, what advantage is it? Are you all of a sudden able to see the hitch and line it up?

micbegls1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ive had my truck for 1500 miles now and ive only ran into the auto park function 2x.

1. time which will never happen again, I had the parking brake on and wheel chocked so i could leave in reverse to check out and snap a pic of my LED reverse lights.

2. Pulling onto the lift at work. Which granted, ill prob only have to check were im at 1 or 2 more times before it becomes second nature.