Fishing rod holder on headliner?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CptDondo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Diesel
I have a two piece fly rod that I want to carry in the cab. It will fit front-to-back or side-to-side in the crew cab. But I am having a heck of a time finding any way to attach a holder. There are no grab handles and all the airbags are a bit worrisome.

Has anyone come up with a solution?

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Have you tried these or are you looking for a more permanent, bolt it in type, solution?

sp52322742_s7?$img400$.jpg

OP
OP
C

CptDondo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Diesel
More permanent. I use command strips a lot, but they won’t stick to the fuzzy headliner, and all the plastic pillars are SRS shrouds. :(

misfit77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are there airbags in the back? Does anyone know what year they started doing so?

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

NewBlackDak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I have a two piece fly rod that I want to carry in the cab. It will fit front-to-back or side-to-side in the crew cab. But I am having a heck of a time finding any way to attach a holder. There are no grab handles and all the airbags are a bit worrisome.

Has anyone come up with a solution?

Is there no room behind the seats in a crew cab?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

POINTMAN380

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Folding rear seat mod is what I did. I keep three rods/reels, ar15 pistol, jumper cables, gloves, and a small tool kit back there.

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2 fit behind the seat of my RC but I was a little concerned about them moving when I moved the seat forward and back again not paying attention making 2 piece into many piece trash. I gave in a bought a tool box for them .

POINTMAN380

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Damn. Just found the mod. Pretty awesome. On my next to do list. Or wben drops below 101* out here.
Yep. One of the first mods I found out about here. Worth it for sure. I’m looking at installing some quick fist on the back wall to store things like rifles and rod tubes.

Last edited:

bfill_rebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Damn. Just found the mod. Pretty awesome. On my next to do list. Or wben drops below 101* out here.

Yea. Def a great and easy mod. However the two car seats have since rendered it not as useful... oh well. That’s why I’m glad to have ram boxes. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Behind the back seat is probably easiest, but something like this could be made.to work as another option.https://www.amazon.com/Great-Day-Center-Lok-Overhead-TRUCK/dp/B00C3OJCGE. It's an overhead gun rack that looks to bolt in off the upper shoulder belt mount points. Reviews aren't great on it, but with a little engineering a smaller tube could be mounted in a similar way and some.velcro straps could hold the rods to it securely and some thought into how far you put the seat back and how tall you are taken into consideration.

Last edited:

joelmic

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Express Quad Cab 3.6L 4x4 20x9 Wheels
Engine
Folding rear seat mod is what I did. I keep three rods/reels, ar15 pistol, jumper cables, gloves, and a small tool kit back there.

DUDE, you can't tease me like that... i wanna pic!!!

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have used a rear window gun rack to hold my fly rods.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca