Flowmaster FlowFX exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I just had an 18 “ magnaflow installed when I got my truck , I was at just under $200 all in parts and labor welded your tailpipes are already stainless,why spend extra on that? Use that cash for something else on your truck.

Posjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got the flowmaster fx muffler only. Still got my rear resonators. Love the sound. Its not to loud. No drowning on highway.

OP
OP
Keithrh12

Keithrh12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just had an 18 “ magnaflow installed when I got my truck , I was at just under $200 all in parts and labor welded your tailpipes are already stainless,why spend extra on that? Use that cash for something else on your truck.
Did you notice and proformance difference?

OP
OP
Keithrh12

Keithrh12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was hoping not only for sound but some proformance gains too.

I could just do the muffler, but I was wanting black tips too.

I plan on getting a CAI too.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I was hoping not only for sound but some proformance gains too.

I could just do the muffler, but I was wanting black tips too.

I plan on getting a CAI too.

Muffler / catback and CAI aren't really going to give you much in the way of a performance increase,just more noise. Long tube headers and tune will give you a noticable increase though.In your case you'll need an unlocked pcm before you can tune it.If you haven't sprung for a catch can,you might want to look into one,it'll keep your throttle body and intake manifold alot cleaner.

OP
OP
Keithrh12

Keithrh12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am waiting for my warranty to end for the tuner. But I do have a PC installed and a Pulsar Edge that I need to install.

I do plan to do long tube at sometime.
I will look into a catch can. Any recommendations?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I am waiting for my warranty to end for the tuner. But I do have a PC installed and a Pulsar Edge that I need to install.

I do plan to do long tube at sometime.
I will look into a catch can. Any recommendations?

My preferance is the Moroso catch cans (aka: air/oil seperators) as they have a drain valve you can stick a hose on,and drain them into a catch basin under the truck,they are on the higher end of the price scale though.Try to find one with a drain valve,i spent enough years in the oil/gas industry to learn to hate any threaded aluminium fitting,no matter what anybody on here tells you,the threads on aluminium fittings will eventually gall or cross thread with enough use. I think you can get the UPR cans from Nick on here with a drain valve.

OP
OP
Keithrh12

Keithrh12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you have a link? How does it sound?

OP
OP
Keithrh12

Keithrh12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can't say I got good preformance out of it. I do have cai, tb, muffler, fan delete as of now. Truck is with out a doubt quicker with all of this. Tuner is going on next. I'm expecting some good gains.
Do you have a link to the muffler? Sound better than stock?

MAJ_Charlie

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here's a video from when I had both the Flowmaster and Carven Progressive.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We have the Flowmaster muffler kit in stock. If you would like a quote on it message me. We also offer the Carven 5" black tips you can match up with this muffler kit. Magnaflow is another nice muffler kit option.

If you would like to go with a full catback with black tips I highly recommend Borla!

Also I saw mention of a catch can, I highly recommend the UPR catch can with the drain kit. I run UPR catch cans on 2 of my personal vehicles.
https://gotexhaust.com/i-23720374-upr-09-21-dodge-ram-5-7l-billet-oil-catch-can-z-mount.html

message me if you would like a quote on anything or if you would like to discuss options.

cammed

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 ram rt
Engine
cammed 5.7
a guy I know has a muffler shop he stopped using magnaflow because they were breaking around the muffler housing inlet & outlet and magnaflow would only refund him when he had a certain amount of them to pick up they would not come and get just 1 or 2 mufflers

cammed

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 ram rt
Engine
cammed 5.7
I have the flowfx LT headers catless y-pipe its loud with a deep tone

SilverSingleCab

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the FlowFX muffler on my truck and I couldn't be happier. The FlowFX has a real deep, throaty sound. As far as volume level - If the stock exhaust is a 1/5 the FlowFX is a solid 3.5/5. It doesn't idle very loudly. When you step on it though, you DEFINITELY know it's there. That being said, it's not going to drown out your radio. Like others have said, you won't notice any HP/TQ gains just from replacing your muffler.

If you go with the cat-back, which deletes the factory resonators, yours will probably be louder at idle and you may experience cabin drone. Take it from someone who spent WEEKS researching different cat-backs and direct fit mufflers - save your money and just get the muffler. The sound difference is so slight that it's not worth the extra $$$. But the money you save towards a cold air or a tune.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshuarb87