Fogs W/ Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ozzyy_12'

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So my 12 tradesmen didn't come with fogs and tomorrow I'm getting a bumper off a 13 r/T with fogs. Was wondering if Instead of wiring everything up to a switch in the dash can I just splice into my headlight to have my fogs running everytime my headlights are on?

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Long answer:

Yes, you'll want to run a relay however. Use the parking or headlight lead as the trigger to the relay to turn on the fogs.

I just did the same thing and wired up my own fogs (LED)

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Long answer:

Yes, you'll want to run a relay however. Use the parking or headlight lead as the trigger to the relay to turn on the fogs.

yes, learn to abuse relays! makes adding various electrical accessories so much easier. I'd use the parking lights as triggers so you can have the option to run fogs and parking only as well as with head lights. Down side (maybe) would be they're on all the time, even with high beams.

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
Long answer:

+1 for the relay. If you just splice into the headlights for power without doing the relay trick, it'll draw too much juice. That would either cause issues with your computer (possibly causing all your front lights not to work) or cause the wiring to overheat (hopefully blow a fuse before anything melts).

grozier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
You might be lucky and they already wired it up but just didn't add the fog lights. Seem many vehicles use the same wire harness but leave options out like fogs

2015 ram sport 4x4

OP
OP
O

Ozzyy_12'

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok so I got the 13 bumper and it fits good only issue I have now is wiring. I was wondering if I need to use bulb specific for the fog light (I got the fog light bulb) or can I use a different one. Also how can I use the relay to my advantage? I don't want to have a switch in the cab making it look weird lol. Any help appreciated.

P.S I have a little knowledge of wiring I understand it but need a VERY clear definition/directions.