Forged pistons and rods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WIMBERDON

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
was wondering if anyone has done drop in forged pistons and rods? looking to removed tsp stage 1 cam and go with something that lopes, wondering if did stock pistons or oversized? any big power guys natural aspirated info would be appreciated ?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
was wondering if anyone has done drop in forged pistons and rods? looking to removed tsp stage 1 cam and go with something that lopes, wondering if did stock pistons or oversized? any big power guys natural aspirated info would be appreciated ?
Are you planning on spraying it,or boosting it? If not the stock pistons and rods are more then adequate up to 7,000 rpm

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
600 passes on stock pistons,but i only hit it with a 75 shot,if you plan on spraying 150 or more, pistons with gapped rings aren't a bad idea,along with a seperate stand alone fuel cell dedicated to the nitrous side of the fuel system. I keep the stand alone fuel cells in both the truck and car full of MS109.Trucks stand alone is the front tank,rear tank is the relocated battery

Attachments

• IMG_3998.JPG
    IMG_3998.JPG
    237.6 KB · Views: 7
OP
OP
W

WIMBERDON

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
600 passes on stock pistons,but i only hit it with a 75 shot,if you plan on spraying 150 or more, pistons with gapped rings aren't a bad idea,along with a seperate stand alone fuel cell dedicated to the nitrous side of the fuel system. I keep the stand alone fuel cells in both the truck and car full of MS109.Trucks stand alone is the front tank,rear tank is the relocated battery
more details on the fuel system and nitrous kit? orginally planned on keeping the stage 1 cam and doing stainless works headers, 6.4 intake, ported throttle body, stall converter, but lately if truck sits getting lifter noise for first 20 seconds so figured i might as well do a larger cam

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

Depending on where you mount the bottle,you might want a remote bottle opener

Fuel and nitrous pressure gauges are also something you should have

Don't worry about a purge system,leave that for the guys on TV,as it won't make any differance in your timeslips.
Plus nitrous is usually right around 1,000 psi,and your fuel pressure is 60 psi,so when you purge,you're dumping nitrous into the cylinder before fuel,and that causes an instant lean condition,nitrous and lean don't go together.I'd rather have a bit of vapour in the nitrous line,so that when the solenoids open,the fuel gets there first before the nitrous

Attachments

• IMG_4008.JPG
    IMG_4008.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited: