Front end clunk..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fletch125

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
3.6L
I'm incredibly meticulous with my vehicles. To my own fault actually. 2014 1500 now has a decent front end clunk pretty much all the time. Accelerating, hitting bumps, etc. I initially thought sway bar links since it's very apparent with slight body roll. That quieted it down a bit but I really notice it if I roll the wheel back and forth while driving slowly. Shook down the front end and found nothing!! Ball joints are all solid and the tie rods are too!

Before I spend a whole afternoon tearing into this thing I was wondering if anyone has heard of any common issues that could save me time.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

trip1027

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
check mounts on sway bar where it is connected to frame if loose rubber will fall out ad cause your issues been there. or if it is cracked

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Fletch125

Fletch125

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
3.6L
I'll check it out. The right sway bar link was hammered so I replaced it. I didn't realize until after I was down there that you have to disconnect both sides. Left side seemed tight but that's the only think that I can imagine would be loose enough to rattle as much. The fact that it happens when turning slowly leads me to believe I have a tie rod end going. But everything seemed tight.

VB712

Maxi_built
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a front end clunk on mine too. 2014. New end links. Everything is tight. Thinking the struts need replacing.

Maven05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have same problem. Haven't figure it out yet. Had similar problem on Volvo I had years ago. It was the spring housing. Rams have rubber bushing there too. Could be that

OP
OP
Fletch125

Fletch125

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
3.6L
Any updates?
Not yet. Thinking it's coming from the struts. Truck has a leveling kit so it wouldn't suprise me.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Not yet. Thinking it's coming from the struts. Truck has a leveling kit so it wouldn't suprise me.

Ever get it figured out?

I have the exact same problem on my right front with a clunk noticed over low speed bumps and pot holes in the road. Also can get the clunk at low speed if I move the steering wheel L/R repeatedly fast. I checked tie rods, ball joints and stabilizer bar end links with everything appear tight.

I have seen other threads mentioning body mounts also but have not gotten there yet.