Front end not engageing when putting into 4wheel drive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DOUGZ7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok I have 2007 1500 4 wheel drive switch is on the dash. Well when I try to put it in 4 wheel drive front end does not engage. The actuator on the front axle housing is moving well by touch and sound haven't actually takin It off yet looking for any other suggestions

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is it an electronic shift of manual shift. Likely the shift motor in the transfer case. If not that it could be the switch.

Ram-Rod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If the actuator on the diff housing is working than the switch is working (it's activating that actuator) so either the hubs are not engaging for some reason or the transfer case is not engaging like WilliamS mentioned.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ahh the hubs, forgot about those. If they are manual in not it locked it wont spin them. They are likely auto hubs though thus the actuator on the front differential. Does the dash show its in 4x4?

Ram-Rod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My last 1500 had manual hubs but the actuator was still there to prevent the truck from throwing codes and flipping out! So thats for sure a possibility.

OP
OP
D

DOUGZ7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
4x4 light is on and if you put it in 4 lo it goes into lo range could It possiblely be the motor on the transfer case and no it don't have manual hubs

OP
OP
D

DOUGZ7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It is electronic 4x4 light comes on and when u pit it in 4 lo the truck goes into lo range and no it doesn't have manual hubs. Could it possibly be the motor on the transfer case

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
4x4 light is on and if you put it in 4 lo it goes into lo range could It possiblely be the motor on the transfer case and no it don't have manual hubs

If it goes into low range then it should go in high too, so since it's not then it's probably the actuator malfunctioning and just working for low range.

OP
OP
D

DOUGZ7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry should of wrote that better it goes into low range but still don't engage front end

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Someone correct me if Im wrong but there are 2 actuators on the 2007 transfer case, 1 for low/high and one for the front axle activation? Or is the front output always live and the front axle handles that. I cant remember.

Last edited: