Front splitter deployment at 35 mph.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boatman1013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Being a marine mechanic for almost 30 some odd years, I can be a little technical at times. Anyway, I'm curious about the splitter deployment. Was thinking about rigging a go pro over the front bumper and posting a vid of it coming down. Then I thought, hey I have a Snap-On Ethos scanner. (Yes, I do some shady Hemi mods for my friends) Anyway, plugged in the Ethos, tried to open the "request vehicle control" to access that module to do it, and was informed that my current Ethos doesn't support it. So, anyone want to see a vid? I can try to rig the camera, or hang one of my expendable employees under the truck to film it. Any of you guys able to do it before me would be awesome. Anyone else curious to see it?

userjh160

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I saw it on a commercial, pretty cool

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I would like to see it ?

Sergio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I didn’t know this was a thing to be honest lol. What videos are out that show this? Are they on YouTube?

Please post the vids if you can! Thanks

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I also did not know this was an option and I clearly have no clue what it’s supposed to do lol.

OP
OP
Boatman1013

Boatman1013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Right now the 5th Gen has the lowest Cd of any other truck on the market. To improve it further, the front splitter deploys at 35 mph to reduce drag even further. Similar to McLaren and Porsche, it's called active aero. If you look under the front bumper, you can see it along with the actuators. There's also a servo that retracts it if you hit something, pretty cool. FCA is doing a pretty good job of keeping the CAFE (corporate average fuel economy) down. They need it so they can keep building Hellcats, Demons and hopefully, stuff the Hellcat engine in a Ram. Mopar or No Car!!!

therethere

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
It should be noted this only occurs with the standard suspension. The air suspension does not have this feature as the vehicle lowers at speed instead.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Post a video, it’s a cool feature

firecadet613

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd like to see it. I've been tempted to have the wife drive the RAM while I drive her car to see...haven't gotten around to it yet though.