Fuel Pump - Box Cutting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
2002 NEW dodge ram fuel tank straps are available
so are

Fuel Tank Mounting Straps and Adapters​

OP
OP
THRobinson

THRobinson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Some say for the 35gal tank, some don't say anything at all... found a set on Amazon, Spectra Premium ST305, same as at the online part stores here in Canada, and none (including the manufacturer site) say for which tank. I posted a question asking, and some said 35 some said 26.

Are they tank specific? or was Dodge smart and used the same straps for both tanks?

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
fellow I talked to 2 days ago had a dead truck, about 2005? ram, rusty work truck, he had changed the pump last year, just lifted the box, said it was fast, but he has a payloader, so that makes a big difference. I see he got it going, he was switching relays around

OP
OP
THRobinson

THRobinson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Was thinking... Pump works, the failure is the check valve. Could I just install a $15 check valve at the pump?

OP
OP
THRobinson

THRobinson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
That really killed the conversation. :D

Anyone happen to know the ID of the fuel hose? Looking at one of these... but come in a few sizes. Says up to 87psi so, more than enough.

41enIvMRwoL._AC_SL1073_.jpg

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Some say for the 35gal tank, some don't say anything at all... found a set on Amazon, Spectra Premium ST305, same as at the online part stores here in Canada, and none (including the manufacturer site) say for which tank. I posted a question asking, and some said 35 some said 26.

Are they tank specific? or was Dodge smart and used the same straps for both tanks?
Order them from amazon. If they don't fit, very easy to return. Let us know the outcome.

As far as hose size, about a 30 second job to measure that on your truck. Have no idea if the size stayed the same over the years. I know stuff on my Canadian specification trucks are often very different than on the same year and model sold in the States.

OP
OP
THRobinson

THRobinson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
I'm both fat & old... takes me more than 30sec just to get on the ground!

Plus yes, I can measure the OD of those quickly enough but not the inside which is why I was asking if anyone happened to know. I have no idea how thick the walls are on fuel lines because I've never touched a fuel line before.

That all said, this truck has so many issues and 0 rockers left, manifold is shot on the passenger side, muffler about to go, etc... 399,840km... SO close to 400,000. But at this point and untrustworthy rust bucket with a near mint interior. It's just a lumber getter and landfill taker vehicle now. Hence the half-arsed repair that's about to occur.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357