Full Throttle Suspension (FTS) Lift Kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bighorn 4 Life

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Very nice Ram.

Here is mine with BDS Fox Coilovers set at 7.5". I do have the 5" rear,Fox rear shocks,and a 1.25" Body lift.

My bolt measurement is 5"

front is 47"
Rear is 48.5"

20160316_151331_zps4cfu53wd.jpg

20151211_140941_resized_zpsxg9qf4lg.jpg

20151212_071246_zpsvhsvv2jn.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Sheengon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP, you said you paid $2500 for the lift and install.. Is the body lift included? On FTS's ****** website their price is $2,900, so is their price wrong or did you get a really good deal? At $2500 I'll definitely go with the fts but I'm confused how you got it and installed for that cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The body lift was not included in the price. The shop ordered the BL (Preformance Accessories P/N PA60203; $460) for me and installed it myself. For some reason they don't do BL installs. The kit was $2,170 plus $375 install. I got my kit from Prestige Custom Rides in Meza, AZ. Go ahead and give them a call. They might be able to place the order and have it shipped directly to you. Ask for Jeff. On a side note, when I called FTS a few weeks ago to ask about the front differential drop brackets, they told me that their 6" and 8" lift kits were essentially the same kit with the exception of the rear lift blocks. On the 8" kit, the blocks are taller (5.5") than the ones on the 6" kit.

OP
OP
S

Sheengon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Okay thanks for the info. I'll definitely have to look into the fts lift. Btw, OP, your truck looks great and is close to what my goal is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks man. Keep in mind that the front differential drop brackets are only 4.5". When the Bilsteins were set at 2.1", the CV angles were pretty steep as seen in the pics on page 4 of this thread. I recently had the differential drop brackets customized to allow an extra 2” drop and get rid of that steep CV angle. I'll be posting pics soon.

OP
OP
S

Sheengon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Very nice Ram.

Here is mine with BDS Fox Coilovers set at 7.5". I do have the 5" rear,Fox rear shocks,and a 1.25" Body lift.

My bolt measurement is 5"

front is 47"
Rear is 48.5"

Nice setup man. Is the 5" measurement above for the crossmember or differential drop bracket?

For those following this thread, a 3" BL with the BDS coil-over kit setup Bighorn 4 Life has, would get you very close if not the same height as my FTS setup.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks man. Keep in mind that the front differential drop brackets are only 4.5". When the Bilsteins were set at 2.1", the CV angles were pretty steep as seen in the pics on page 4 of this thread. I recently had the differential drop brackets customized to allow an extra 2” drop and get rid of that steep CV angle. I'll be posting pics soon.
Very nice on the custom differential drop brackets! Interested in the photos !
You should get the shop to keep a drawing or template for others that may be interested. ..

ramrunner56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The body lift was not included in the price. The shop ordered the BL (Preformance Accessories P/N PA60203; $460) for me and installed it myself. For some reason they don't do BL installs. The kit was $2,170 plus $375 install. I got my kit from Prestige Custom Rides in Meza, AZ. Go ahead and give them a call. They might be able to place the order and have it shipped directly to you. Ask for Jeff. On a side note, when I called FTS a few weeks ago to ask about the front differential drop brackets, they told me that their 6" and 8" lift kits were essentially the same kit with the exception that the rear lift blocks. On the 8" kit, the blocks are taller (5.5") than the ones on the 6" kit.
How hard was the body lift to install? Just trying to decide if I want a 3 inch body lift or just go full suspension. I want to fit 37s but I might just have to get 35s and save up the cash to get the body lift and 37s. I screwed up not buying a cummins because there's so little aftermarket support when it comes to the Dodge IFS compared to Ford and especially Chevy.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Bighorn 4 Life

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
With just a 6" lift you can run 37's.

Mine is a 7.5" BDS Fox coilover lift, 5" rear with Fox rear shocks, and RCX 1.25" body lift.

20160316_151227_zpsefajdchc.jpg

Bighorn 4 Life

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice setup man. Is the 5" measurement above for the crossmember or differential drop bracket?

For those following this thread, a 3" BL with the BDS coil-over kit setup Bighorn 4 Life has, would get you very close if not the same height as my FTS setup.

Thank you!!

When I measured the bolts. From the top of the top bolt and the bottom of the bottom bolt it was 6"

Last edited:

ramrunner56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know we can run 37s but that's with a moderate wheel setup. I'm trying to run 22x14s with 37s like the OP. Been researching it for months and it seems like I'll need 10-11" of lift to achieve this without rubbing, unless any of you guys could tell me different, thatd be great.

Bighorn 4 Life

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know we can run 37s but that's with a moderate wheel setup. I'm trying to run 22x14s with 37s like the OP. Been researching it for months and it seems like I'll need 10-11" of lift to achieve this without rubbing, unless any of you guys could tell me different, thatd be great.

I'm running 20x12 -44 with 37's. Pretty sure I could run 22x14 as well with 37's

ramrunner56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm running 20x12 -44 with 37's. Pretty sure I could run 22x14 as well with 37's
Thanks for the info. I'd be willing to run a 1.25" body lift, not so much a 3". Not sure why, just my own preference. Maybe my best bet is to install the lift and tire setup and then figure out how much body lift I need.

Bighorn 4 Life

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the info. I'd be willing to run a 1.25" body lift, not so much a 3". Not sure why, just my own preference. Maybe my best bet is to install the lift and tire setup and then figure out how much body lift I need.

That's what I did.

I am trying to figure out how to put an Iron cross bumpee on my truck. So far no luck with having a body lift.

ramrunner56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's what I did.

I am trying to figure out how to put an Iron cross bumpee on my truck. So far no luck with having a body lift.
Do you have bumper relocation brackets on from the bl? And also, would you mind uploading a picture of your truck from the rear, especially the trailer hitch? I don't want mine to hang down really low because little things like that get on my nerves[emoji19]

Bighorn 4 Life

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you have bumper relocation brackets on from the bl? And also, would you mind uploading a picture of your truck from the rear, especially the trailer hitch? I don't want mine to hang down really low because little things like that get on my nerves[emoji19]

Yes I have relocation brackets but apparently they won't work with the aftermarket bumpers. Yes I will get you some pics.

SilverSurfer15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I posted this in another thread... but there is a company on Instagram called Wicked Customs in FL, they advertise making custom IFS lifts. I'm pretty sure that you can call them and have a drop bracket built for 6,7,8, etc lengths. But I have no idea about pricing.

I was thinking about this, because you could do a custom 8-9 inch bracket, get some custom king coilovers made, have flat angles, superior ride, etc and run 37s on a 12 wheel. Only downside, probably a lot of money lol.

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted

To run 22x14's and 37's without rubbing you will need 11" of lift for sure. Even at that I expect that you'll be trimming a bit of plastic to be able to turn while flexing slightly. Any less lift and the amount of trimming just becomes more.

ramrunner56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To run 22x14's and 37's without rubbing you will need 11" of lift for sure. Even at that I expect that you'll be trimming a bit of plastic to be able to turn while flexing slightly. Any less lift and the amount of trimming just becomes more.
My previous setup already ripped apart the fender liner in the back. As all I'm worried about is the pinch weld since it poses a real problem for my tires. I guess I'll just bite the bullet and go all out from the beginning

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If I remember corectly a member here Thatdude596 , on a 1500 had a procomp 6" + 3" PA Body lift with 2.5" Procomp adjustable shocks up front . 11.5" and he ran 38s not sure on the wheel set up though ?