Getting Continental Tires...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
TerrainContact A/T

Anyone with good or bad opinions?

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Never had an issue with them. Put a set of ContiPros on my wife's 2014 T&C. Smooth and no road noise. Some of the best tread warranties as well. Hers had a 90k warranty on them.

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
I've never had good luck with the Continentals I had on my Charger. Wore out before 20k miles.

bm02tj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I put a set on my daughter outback and was looking at for my pu

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
I have a set on a Subaru Outback, good on dry/wet/light snow. At 15k miles, tread appears hardly worn.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
My wife had her tire slashed, so we had to take what they had available at the time, and it happened to be a Continental. It was dirt cheap 135 bucks out the door for an emergency repair, not bad. Drove it for two years, just got new tires and asked the dude to put the best tire as a spare, he picked the continental. The only reason we went to a "fancier tire" was a rain specific tire. If I was in heavy coastal rain country or any snow country, I might look at something designed for that. But I would take continental over a good year to be honest. The issue for me is because costco sells name brand stuff as cheap as budget tires, it is hard for me to stick with those tires, but I have no complaints in the small sample size I have.

Mike R

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Have had a set on my 2019 Laramie Sport for 10,000 or so miles. No regrets. Have performed quite well in rain and snowy conditions. Wearing quite well- hardly noticeable.

Different Drummer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar V6
I have the Continentals in the H/T version as I never see ice or snow. Mine are the H rated as opposed to the T rating. Traction and road grip in wet driving has been good. Handling on dry surfaces is also good. They are heavier than OEM and I immediately felt the difference when they first went on the truck. Steering felt heavier. After using them for 15, 000 miles I find that I don't notice that anymore. It is the norm now. They are a little noisier than the OEM tires as well. Wear has been good. Tires are rotated every 6,000 miles. Ride is firmer than OEM, but not horrible. I can only compare to the OEM tires which of course were the Goodyear SRA's.
I am happy with them so far.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Farmer Fran

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
Getting them put on Friday. I will report back with my opinion.

285/45-22

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
I've never had good luck with the Continentals I had on my Charger. Wore out before 20k miles.
They were OEM on our '06 Charger, and were on the wear bars at 18K miles. They were so bad there was a class action lawsuit. When I was in the powersports business we avoided their cycle tires as they were known for cracking and chunking out.

On the truck front, they were OEM on Ram C&C 4500 and 5500 and had chunking issues.

Despite all that, I have read good reviews on the Terrain Contact.

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
They were OEM on our '06 Charger, and were on the wear bars at 18K miles. They were so bad there was a class action lawsuit. When I was in the powersports business we avoided their cycle tires as they were known for cracking and chunking out.

On the truck front, they were OEM on Ram C&C 4500 and 5500 and had chunking issues.

Despite all that, I have read good reviews on the Terrain Contact.
The original tires wore quickly, the Pro Contacts I put on wore quickly too....not a fan.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Pretty much like Most tires out there.
OEM Versions are cheapest ones they can make so they get the contract.

Each brands bottom tier tires are less quality than top tier tires.
None of the tires the so called latest and greatest
"Gotta Have Technology or Design" of the the huge tire companies,
like GoodYear, FireStone, etc...but they will also not have the
"What the he!! were we thinking of?" issues that those latest and greatest tend to have.

Generally, 2nd tier tire manufacturers are essentially 3-5 year old technology that has been proven for set life or conditions.
Instead of getting a first year of a new design, you're getting a 2022 Ram Classic.
Now let price dictate which trim level you get and how fancy it is.

Personally, I've found the worst reviews are from the Folks who tried to save the most money,
with the cheapest price possible, from the worst possible place to trust with installation,
then get ticked when their out of balance, poorly mounted tire, that literally sat for 2 or 3 years in one spot on a rack,
from some low volume outfit, before their dumb **** came along and bought it, goes bad.

NOTE: I'm positive this does not apply to any and all of you have replied to this thread about your negative experiences.
You are simply folks who had bad luck of getting that 1% of junk everyone makes and we all risk getting, when we buy anything.

I mean, seriously, you are participating members of this Forum, which clearly shows how smart you are.
And, far more importantly, you shared your negative experience, with others, to help prevent them from having the same.
Which also shows your kindness.

Woo, hope that keeps the Flames Away.

OP
OP
Farmer Fran

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
Ok, 20 mile initial update

No ride or sound difference from the stock tires. They are wider. With the truck in entry/exit mode and backing up in a full turn the tire rubs the bottom portion of the wheel liner. No biggie. Just raise before turn. They did great in a major down pour.

OP
OP
Farmer Fran

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
So far it looks like I lost 1mpg. Not sure if that is winter gas, the tires or a combination.

OP
OP
Farmer Fran

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
Couple months and a few 1000 miles. I like them. Hit a thunderstorm and they performed excellent in the heavy rain and standing water.

Farmhandz

Reaction score
Wider you say? Please post a pic, I’d love to see how it looks. Need to replace the Michelin Defenders on mine soon and would like to go A/T, slightly taller and wider.