GM tow mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tom Williams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hey all I’m looking for some opinions on the mirrors from boost auto. I don’t like the factory ones. Anyone have the gym style mirrors on their ram?

HuskerRam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Just saw something about those here:

Bandit517

That Trials Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just put them on mine and love them! The visibility is much better. Few things I've noted so far: the lower inside corner of the convex mirror is blocked by the window opening on the passenger side. Not enough to be an issue, but worth mentioning. DON'T get the "super bright" puddle lights. Because of them being 'rear' facing they'll blind you. I remembered reading about that before ordering mine and did the 'standard/low brightness'. I noticed the flat glass does wiggle some at highway speeds. Not the whole assembly, just the glass. Almost like a loose tolerance in the adjustment parts. Again, not bad, but worth knowing.

I optioned mine with black caps (not paint matched), smoked strip turn signal and running light 2.0, both glass defrost and power fold.
20230410_124850.jpg

OP
OP
Tom Williams

Tom Williams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Awesome! Thanks guys. I’m gonna order a set next week!

Canadianbreed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 outdoorsman 5.7
I just had this pair of mirrors come in today, will be installing tomorrow:

Unfortunately my headlights have amber DRL by morimoto, but they don't have running lights with their old style mirrors and the led strip is like half the length of their white/amber switchback version. I did come in contact with the maker about getting a custom pair made where it was strictly amber, but was later told they're too busy to customize a pair.

Either way though I'm happy with what I got and can't wait to install them, I'll have an update tomorrow if it doesn't rain outside!

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Might be just me,but i hate the newer GM mirrors,they came on my latest company GM,and i actually pulled the old mirrors off my old GM and installed them on the new one,before the old went back to the dealer.

TotallyHucked

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport CCLWB
Engine
Having owned many GM trucks before this Ram, there are 2 styles to their tow mirrors (not counting the ones on the current HD that look like a broken arm that got slammed in a door lol). The earlier, more rounded '06-13 style looks a little sleeker but are smaller mirror with less visibility. The '14-up style that are more square has a lot better visibility, better convex mirror and are a larger overall mirror. They function much better, I had both on my '03 Duramax (had the earlier style on several trucks).

This is the earlier style:
IMG_6265.JPG

Later style:
IMG_6068.JPG

However, can't say I'd ever put them on a Ram, they just don't look right. I'd honestly hold out for the '23 Ram 2500/3500 style mirror to come out in the aftermarket, they're great on our new dually.
1.jpg
3.jpg

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I just put them on mine and love them! The visibility is much better. Few things I've noted so far: the lower inside corner of the convex mirror is blocked by the window opening on the passenger side. Not enough to be an issue, but worth mentioning. DON'T get the "super bright" puddle lights. Because of them being 'rear' facing they'll blind you. I remembered reading about that before ordering mine and did the 'standard/low brightness'. I noticed the flat glass does wiggle some at highway speeds. Not the whole assembly, just the glass. Almost like a loose tolerance in the adjustment parts. Again, not bad, but worth knowing.

I optioned mine with black caps (not paint matched), smoked strip turn signal and running light 2.0, both glass defrost and power fold.
View attachment 519078

I guess as long it works... but it looks downright sacrilegious.

Canadianbreed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 outdoorsman 5.7
Same mirror im looking at for my truck. looking forward to actual pictures
To those who might not be fond of the rectangular gm tow mirrors, I went with this style that still has the rams rounded shape but with front led strip signal lights:

There's two versions to this available for this shape of mirror, the other one is a lot cleaner looking with a larger strip/sequential signal/switchback/brighter and the price is still great. Which is unfortunately not true for mine but I wanted a new pair anyways and for 380cad why not, although I wish they were at least brighter signals.

Lastly the build quality for these mirrors are great, even adjusting the convex is smooth. Now to see how they are on the highway....

Joshua Collins

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 & 2023
Engine
6.7 & 5.7
I just put these on my 3500 and they look fairly good and the visibility with the karger mirror is good. Think they slant up a tad bit but nothing i cant live with.

Screenshot_20230429_232702_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Bandit517

That Trials Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think those are basically the new 5th gen mirrors if I'm not mistaken. They look better than the 2nd/3rd/4th gen moose mirrors but I still prefer the GM mirrors from a ease of use side of things. Even with power mirrors it was annoying to have to reset the mirrors when flipped up or down. With the GM ones that extend out there's no adjustment needed.

CaptBob3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
Hey all I’m looking for some opinions on the mirrors from boost auto. I don’t like the factory ones. Anyone have the gym style mirrors on their ram?
I just installed the Boost Auto mirrors, super easy install, plug and play. Love them, WAY better than the OEM's
They had a 30% off sale for 4th of July, maybe a similar labor Sale.

Attachments

• IMG_3299.jpeg
    IMG_3299.jpeg
    183.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3298.jpeg
    IMG_3298.jpeg
    272.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3297.jpeg
    IMG_3297.jpeg
    305.7 KB · Views: 15

AlexC2350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I’ve had them on my truck for a couple years now and they’re great. They have a great fit and finish. My truck didn’t come with tow mirrors at all and my last truck had OEM ram tow mirrors that I really didn’t like when turned down. I didn’t want to drive around with them up all the time either. IMG_2173.jpegIMG_2173.jpegIMG_2173.jpeg

Bandit517

That Trials Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I remember someone asking about the mirror angle. From a "birds eye" view you'll see that the passenger mirror angle doesn't match the driver side. While all trucks do this to correct the view from the driver seat, it does seem to be at a slightly steeper angle than the factory mirror. (Unfortunately I don't have a drone view of the stock mirrors to directly compare)

GM mirrors angle.jpg