Go from 35's to 33's? let's see your 33's!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
jlpowell84

jlpowell84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys, I just discovered the Amp Terrain Gripper. There is almost zero info out there on them though. Obviously the Amp Mud Terrain is more popular. I called distributor and he told me they are a premium tire on par with Nitto and Toyo quality and carry a 40k mile warranty.

check it out!
AMP Terrain Gripper 305/70R18 Tires | 1010Tires.com Online Tire Store

the 305/60/R18 is 32.33" tall and 12.0" wide and weighs 58lbs a tire. I should have asked the specs on the 305/70/R18

Ronan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well thats exactly what I am after! I think we operate on the same wave length lol! I want the aggressive stance, would prefer a more aggressive looking tire like yours and tires poking out a tad. Keeping the "leveled 4wd" look but having a beast at the wheels ready to crush those dudes that think stock is fast. Really in my heart I like torque (I bought all my mods unplanned/spur of the moment so that should tell ya) and so I sacrificed the 6 inch lifted 35s look.

I am stoked to get the TQ. Ordered Friday so Edge is assembling it and I guess to see it this Friday or the following Monday. Scheduling with my mechanic will be the tough part as he is always super busy so it could take a couple weeks.

My main worry is that the tires will not look aggressive enough. Maybe I should wait and get bigger rims then I can afford the weight of a more aggressive tire with enough traction still. Other worry is they will look too small. And the last worry is a question also...I am hoping they will stick out far enough to keep that aggressive stance which will enhance the look overall making the tires acceptable. Have you ever used wheel spacers., are the safe, effective? Wondering if a half inch out of the gate would be a good idea.

I hear ya on that , I'm all about the "go" function!!! I just got the tires mounted today, but I'm waiting on the spacers. I'm actually running 1 3/4 BORA spacers so I don't have to cut my studs. Also I prefer the wide stance. I have the 1 3/4 bushwhacker flares (no rivets) so now I'll probably stick out about 1/4 " past them. I've heard nothing but good things about the BORA spacers or Fred Goeske, but his are a little more pricey. STAY AWAY FROM CHEAP EBAY SPACERS!! Mine run me ~265$. They'll be here tomorrow and I'll post up some pics asap. So far the atturo xt's look and feel awesome. They weighed in at 50.1 on the scale. So a little lighter than advertised. Grip seems to be ample as well, though I'm trying no to burn em up.

OP
OP
jlpowell84

jlpowell84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hear ya on that , I'm all about the "go" function!!! I just got the tires mounted today, but I'm waiting on the spacers. I'm actually running 1 3/4 BORA spacers so I don't have to cut my studs. Also I prefer the wide stance. I have the 1 3/4 bushwhacker flares (no rivets) so now I'll probably stick out about 1/4 " past them. I've heard nothing but good things about the BORA spacers or Fred Goeske, but his are a little more pricey. STAY AWAY FROM CHEAP EBAY SPACERS!! Mine run me ~265$. They'll be here tomorrow and I'll post up some pics asap. So far the atturo xt's look and feel awesome. They weighed in at 50.1 on the scale. So a little lighter than advertised. Grip seems to be ample as well, though I'm trying no to burn em up.

This is great news! I have asked about spacers and been thinking if I will need some. I have no fender flares but I do like a very aggressive stance. I am worried especially the rear will be nearly flush with the body which I simply cannot have. I may be very wrong though as I dont know how to estimate where the tire will end up sticking out to. $265 for spacers, damn. I'm all about quality or why the hell else did I buy AR headers! But is there not a viable option thats less?

And what was the exact tire spec you bought?

My current tire specs are 34.5x12.5 but that 12.5 could be slightly less or more. I can't find an exact spec on them and if I had to guess it would be 12.5 or under. The Terra Grappler G2s are 12.24" wide so I imagine they will have near identical poke out although I wouldn't complain about more.

Lastly I am going to make a thread looking for points on the edge racing TQ install if you have anything to chime in. 4th gen Engine/performance, and thanks for chipping in all you have :)

Attachments

• P1010855.jpg
    P1010855.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 39
  • Screen Shot 2016-04-14 at 11.34.45 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-04-14 at 11.34.45 PM.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 36