Going catless?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kotta390

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone have a before and after sound on the stock system when they removed the cats? Just curious? I am "thinking" of having my cats removed for some extra sound. I don't think it will help any for performance.

dkmesa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I went catless 3 years ago (not by choice) and haven't regretted it. He ran away from home...needless to say the dog has enjoyed getting all the attention since then.

dkmesa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In all seriousness, no experience with the Ram but when I removed cats on my 350Z many years ago it revved quicker and had better throttle response. The sound and smell were awesome as well haha.

OP
OP
Kotta390

Kotta390

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In all seriousness, no experience with the Ram but when I removed cats on my 350Z many years ago it revved quicker and had better throttle response. The sound and smell were awesome as well haha.

Haha yeah I have had experience with going catless on almost all my previous vehicles but this one. Not sure yet what to do, because eventually I am going longtubes. I want more sound and my 22" magnaflow will only do so much.

vcode70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I put on some long tube headers and a catless Y last year. It definitely changed the sound at WOT, but I'm not sure how much of that is due to the headers. As far as sound volume goes, it wasn't a day and night difference by any stretch of the imagination. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I deleted the cats on my stock exhaust a while back. It definitely had more throttle response and was quicker but it sounded terrible. I took off the stock muffler and put on a Magnaflow 22" with a turn down. It sounded much better but I hated hearing all that extra engine noise that you get. It sounded like I had an exhaust leak all the time. Maybe it would have been different if I had ran the pipes like stock out the back.

Ram6169

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I cut the cats out on my 2013, it sounded much louder but I had a flomaster super 10 which made it sound like a rattle in the muffler. I then went with the JBA long tubes with cat less Y pipe and a magna flow 14. It was the best decision I've ever made for my truck. It sounds like an animal now. Id say just wait and do the long tube headers.

sicmadek

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 express qc
Engine
hemi 5.7
First i was catless with true duals and a 18" di/do mf. Then i added longtubes and it actually cleaned the sound up. My friend has jba lts, no cats, true duals, 22" di/do mf, and it sounds awesome.

OP
OP
Kotta390

Kotta390

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
First i was catless with true duals and a 18" di/do mf. Then i added longtubes and it actually cleaned the sound up. My friend has jba lts, no cats, true duals, 22" di/do mf, and it sounds awesome.

Any sound clips?? That's what I would have if I don't go to a smaller muffler.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Anyone have a before and after sound on the stock system when they removed the cats? Just curious? I am "thinking" of having my cats removed for some extra sound. I don't think it will help any for performance.
Why bother? Modern Cats are no flow restriction. They do benefit the environment by taking the un-burned gasoline fumes out of your exhaust--you may not remember the 70"s but tail pipe emissions then really stank. .

sicmadek

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 express qc
Engine
hemi 5.7
Why bother? Modern Cats are no flow restriction. They do benefit the environment by taking the un-burned gasoline fumes out of your exhaust--you may not remember the 70"s but tail pipe emissions then really stank. .

Bs deleting the cats will make a difference on the trucks.

Mbrp.Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi. Mbrp catback, k&n cai
Hope this helps

https://www.petfinder.com/pet-adoption/cat-adoption/ for all those catless members on here. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ftank