Good location(s) to access firewall subwoofer wiring kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PutinRUS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
just bought my first 12" JL subwoofer, and right away I ran into a problem of finding firewall hole to run the wiring kit from an engine bay into the cabin. I'm sure a lot of people on this forum have had experienced this before. It's a 2002 dodge ram 1500 4.7 crew cab. Thanks in advance!

atticusfaul

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Plastic clutch knockout screws out and its easy to drill a hole in and screw back into place

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
OP
PutinRUS

PutinRUS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
Also, is it a good idea to run your signal wires from the door rather than from the head unit? Should have same wires running through there anyway, just maybe put a relay to be safe.

moparman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
Signal wires should be run from the back of the head unit with rca cables if you have an aftermarket headunit. If you have an oem radio then youll need a line output convertor first which just splices into the speaker wires to give you an rca output. Also, run the signal wires on the opposite side of the truck from the power wire. Running them together will give you noise in the system. No relay is needed for signal wires. If you cant find the knockout for the clutch master cylinder i believe there is also a grommet next the brake booster closest to the drivers fender. Its plenty big enough to fot 4 gauge power wire

Last edited: