Gun Mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ReefRaider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you are a non resident of Fla. with a Fla. permit its not with in the laws of Fla. unless you have a permit from your resident state. See below the actual Fla. law from their web site:

Can a nonresident get a concealed carry permit in Florida?
A resident of the United States who is a nonresident of Florida, may carry aconcealed weapon or concealed firearm while in this state if that person is 21 years of age or older, has in his or her immediate possession a valid license to carry aconcealed weapon or firearm issued by the state of their residence.
I don't get that at all seems.

Last edited:

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
Thanks but I try not to leave Florida unless its into International waters.

Lol, in VA I simply don't bother traveling North. Otherwise you and I are good to go most anywhere else.

OP
OP
Sasquatchtdg

Sasquatchtdg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Lord have mercy this thread blew up in all different directions.

When i get more downtime from work I'll give due diligence to rigging up my mount.

In the meantime, my LCP will be on me, and the XD with two mags in the lower console. Backup ammo in the floor bins.

Sandbox

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Lol, in VA I simply don't bother traveling North. Otherwise you and I are good to go most anywhere else.

Yep, I'm in VA also and it is a rare, rare occasion that I go North (maybe to PA). Between my VA permit and my Utah non-Resident, I'm more than covered anywhere I'd travel.

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
Yep, I'm in VA also and it is a rare, rare occasion that I go North (maybe to PA). Between my VA permit and my Utah non-Resident, I'm more than covered anywhere I'd travel.

I almost picked up Utah non resident a couple of years ago because SC threatened to not recognize VA, and since I travel to Florida Utah would cover me. I need to look into that again.

Last edited:

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine

Yeah, sadly Utah non resident doesn’t help us travel north to PA anymore, and I don’t ever see myself traveling to Washington state. AEE98BE0-9377-4059-BC91-F4AC40FB10A9.jpeg

Meanwhile our VA resident grants us more access to other states.A7E32E53-5055-4769-AF8C-6821292B5D8D.jpeg

Last edited:

vweaver

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Without going through 10 pages of replies...

My son works for a gun shop and he turned me on to Phantom Holsters. I'll probably install one come warmer weather.

https://phantomholsters.com/

Sandbox

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I almost picked up Utah non resident a couple of years ago because SC threatened to not recognize VA, and since I travel to Florida Utah would cover me. I need to look into that again.

I went with Utah non-Resident because GA didn't recognize VA at the time. Since my Dad lives in GA I go down there quite a bit. Now it's not an issue but, I have it.

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
I went with Utah non-Resident because GA didn't recognize VA at the time. Since my Dad lives in GA I go down there quite a bit. Now it's not an issue but, I have it.

Lol I used to hate pulling over in SC, locking our firearms, then grabbing them again in Jacksonville, just to get through GA.. I literally cheered once we got reciprocity with GA! It was the only state locking up the I95 corridor just to get to and from FL from VA.

Last edited:

MLNLB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The way I see it, the only need for a truck holster is for while driving, not storage. I always wear my seatbelt and in doing so can make it difficult to draw of course. The gun stays on me unless I am driving at which point I would put it in the mounted holster. When I get where I am going, it goes back on my waist. I just bought my ram this week so have not decided on a mount yet. I want to find something that bolts to the seat bracket and mounts the holster by my right thigh/knee.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

MLNLB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Dara Holsters has a few good vehicle options.

They have one that does not require screws. It costs more of course but is a solid option. My buddy put one in his wife's Mercedes and loves it. It just expands between the seat and center console. They have a couple others as well using the ram style mounts. Made in the USA and lifetime warranty, on holsters anyway.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The way I see it, the only need for a truck holster is for while driving, not storage. I always wear my seatbelt and in doing so can make it difficult to draw of course. The gun stays on me unless I am driving at which point I would put it in the mounted holster. When I get where I am going, it goes back on my waist. I just bought my ram this week so have not decided on a mount yet. I want to find something that bolts to the seat bracket and mounts the holster by my right thigh/knee.

Same here. I was hoping I could make a mount out of an old handmade kydex holster that I don’t really use for under my seat that I could feel a little better and safer to leave there out of sight and out of mind, but I don’t have the clearance to do that so I think I’m just gonna keep my Gum Creek console mount where it is and slip the Beretta in there for when I travel. Probly just end up getting me a console safe to lock it up secure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro