Had another episode today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
So today I helped my brother move and hauling a couch and Other crap and a small open u haul trailer in my truck, Both were full but not a huge load at all... So we make a few stops etc(storage and new apartment) and the take the trailer back and he was gonna re fill up my tank for my truck for the gas I burnt. So we pull up and he puts some in his truck and I get behind him and turn my truck off to shoot the **** etc with him, then he move up and moves mine up and fills her up. We when I get in the truck is completely dead... No gauges etc, completely dead... We are in the middle of no where with no effing jumper cables..... So I roll her into the parking spot and he goes home and grabs my jumper cables and comes back and we try to jump it, won't jump, nothing...... So we take the BRAND NEW battery out and run it into town at the advanced auto where I got it to get it tested..... So turns out, nothing wrong with the battery and it's good.... So I take it back out it in the truck and for ***** and giggles I try one more time and the SOB CRANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!wtf!!!!!! Like nothing ever happened, when I got home I tried to get it to do it again and it wouldnt!?!?! Idk what happened but anyone have a damn clue??? The truck sat for prob and hour or so after we took the battery out to go get it tested etc... I was one pissed off MF today....

Last edited:

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
Do you have a security system? My truck shut down on me at an intersection and wouldn't let me restart it. My security system had locked me out. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
GhostRam94

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Nope just the factory lock, like it was so dead would lock itself, no gauges etc.... Then when I come back and put it back in it cranks right up.... When we were jumping it, it would click but wouldn't turn over.... Like it was really weird, needless to say if my brother hadn't been there with me I'd been FUKKED!!!! Oh and my truck will no longer be drivin as neither me or my parents trust it anymore

chefred112

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 QC 2wd
Engine
392 Hemi
by disconnecting the battery you reset the pcm...thats what you should have done..well, you did it the long way...my guess the cable was loose..

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
Are either of the battery post clamps rusted and cracked? My truck died once and wouldn't start because the positive battery clamp had rusted through and came enough off the post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
GhostRam94

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Nope, it was on there good, I thought about at but just seems really weird how it was all good after I took it out.... Parts guy said might aphave been the ignition module etc.

OP
OP
GhostRam94

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Nope, both are super clean because I do understand the importance of keeping them clean and both have no cracks etc.

S2kiHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Re read what you write and fix grammar/spelling before you post lol.

My first truck kind of did the same thing where it died after a long day of pulling a trailer and wouldn't jump start. Brought the battery to autozone to get it tested and it passed. Decided to just get a new battery anyway and the truck fired right up with the new battery.

OP
OP
GhostRam94

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Re read what you write and fix grammar/spelling before you post lol.

My first truck kind of did the same thing where it died after a long day of pulling a trailer and wouldn't jump start. Brought the battery to autozone to get it tested and it passed. Decided to just get a new battery anyway and the truck fired right up with the new battery.

My bad bro, trying out a grad gift, got me a key board for my iPad:D

Hmmmm well my truck sees trailers quite frequently so maybe it was the uhaul trailer?? Idk bc I've hauled my jet ski all over south Texas and Louisiana with my dads friends and it's never been an issue, and I take our boat down to spring( bout an hour 1 way) for maintence so it's no biggy, an have a utility trailer we share with neighbors for 4 wheelers etc so it used to trailer at long periods, this time was maybe for 5-6 hours

amenges

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My friend had this problem with his 4th gen power wagon. In the middle of nowhere, just got back to the truck from fishing like 600 miles from home. No tools or nothing. We ended up pulling a certain fuse from the fuse box under the hood. I want to say it was some sort of ECM or PCM fuse. Luckily that worked. His acted just like a dead battery. Turned the key to IGN and nothing would happen. Except you could turn his headlights on and it clearly wasn't a dead battery lol we got lucky

OP
OP
GhostRam94

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Oh thanks man, yeah after graduation practice got to change the rear u joints and gonna check the wires for a bad/ loose connection

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
mine used to do that. the exact same thing. would act like the battery is completly dead. If i took off the terminals and just put them back on it would start right up. I thought my terminals were clean. I think they were just old. I put new terminals on and used all that nonrusting gel on them. I havent had the problem since I replaced them.

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Sounds like a bad ground. If it happens again wiggle the neg terminal. It may be the connection or even the ground to frame/block.

OP
OP
GhostRam94

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hmm deff gonna check some stuff out tonight, thanks guys for all the help

Georges98

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
+145432 on the terminals and grounds. Had an intermittent no start, click issue but lights would go on etc, replaced terminals and that was it, provided i figured this out after my starter tested bad as well. Ceck and clean those grounds too!

OP
OP
GhostRam94

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Ok thanks again guys, well I've had my truck die on me 3 times since this is happened and once my dad was with me so the truck is gonna be sold ASAP, oh and I've started driving my moms truck which will be mine when she can decide on which grand Cherokee she wants