Hardwiring Autovox Back-up Camera in 2013 Ram 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

krusher7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I've installed an Autovox back-up camera in my Ram. I need to hard wire it to my fuse box. I do not know which fuse slot to use and the plug end is slightly larger than the regular fuses. The left one fits most of the slots and right one (slightly larger) goes to the back-up camera. Any suggestions?

upload_2021-1-29_13-14-45.png

Beemer533

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I could be wrong, but I think the truck uses micro 2 fuses (smaller) and the camera came with a mini tap.

Once you verify the correct size just cut off the one that came with the camera and swap it out for the correct one, possibly something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0759JVKX6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_KM49R17QHN0D2T7BACFZ

As to which circuit to tap, assuming you just want it to be on and off with ignition you can find one pretty quick with a volt meter, or just use something like the one for a 12v socket.

OP
OP
K

krusher7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Thanks Beemer . . . the camera comes with a "park assist" feature that automatically takes a picture of a if car hits my Ram and it is parked. It initially came with a lighter plug and only came on when the Ram was turned on.

Beemer533

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Ah. Are you looking to have it on all the time regardless of ignition on/off then?

If that is the case I would wire it straight to the battery with an in line fuse.

OP
OP
K

krusher7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yes, it needs constant power to capture a picture of any accidents while the truck is parked. On my way to the parts store. You've been a big help!