Head unit / camera instsll

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jasper4230

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Installed a Kenwood ddx595 today. All so installed a front and rear camera. I'm getting no action out of the reverse cam. Currently wired to reverse light both positive and negative. Ran the lead off the rca to positive going to reverse and to the back of head unit. Thoughts?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

jaycabral27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Installed a Kenwood ddx595 today. All so installed a front and rear camera. I'm getting no action out of the reverse cam. Currently wired to reverse light both positive and negative. Ran the lead off the rca to positive going to reverse and to the back of head unit. Thoughts?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

These trucks do not like any extra resistance on the line especially when lights are involved. I ran into the same issue when I installed mine and the best thing to do is run it off the reverse wire on the 7 pin trailer harness or you can use the reverse wire from the reverse light but you will need to run it off a relay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Mine camera goes to my mirror. I had to splice into the loom to get it to my aftermarket radio. You may have to do teh same. I know there are three wires and one needs to be shielded.

check out my build thread for pics and where to splice into the loom.

3M-TA3

Reaction score
Ram Year
1997 & 2015
Engine
V10 & 5.7L Hemi
Swap the camera inputs at the head unit and see if the problem follows the camera or the head unit. If the head unit get the dealer to replace it. If it's the camera then troubleshoot further there. Make sure all wires have continuity - you could also use a dmm and compare between the working one and the rear.