Headlight bulb replacement info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OscartheGrouchh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Replaced the headlight bulbs on my ram today (2010 ram 1500) Only to find out my passenger side wasn’t coming on after I put both new bulbs in. I knew it wasn’t the bulb because I tested it with the driver side and it worked. Found out it was the plug in from the harness (bad ground). I found this out by checking each pin with a test light. The black wire is ground which is in the middle, the other 2 on the side is low and high beam. Anyways Made a ground for it and they are both working now. It will do for now until I have time to buy another plug in from a junk yard or something. But yeah. A bad ground will make you scratch your head more than once.

B273AFA4-42AD-4BC6-879D-EC547AD177CA.jpeg

ArmyGrunt66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good morning

I had a similar issue where my plug wouldn’t snap onto the bulb, they have these at the local parts store for about $8 each, you would have to splice it in, I did this with both my lights after the second one wouldn’t snap in. OR you can buy the entire section of harness with these plugs along with the other plugs for lights for about $35 per side, I purchased these first btw, you would have to take apart that section which I have no clue how to do this, just my 2 cents.

Kevin

Last edited:

Sheapdog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Similar issue, but my connection in the harness was burnt out. Replaced the harness and worked perfectly. Think the harness I found was on Amazon for like $12 or something. Easy plug and play installation.