Headlight/HID issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CumminsPastYa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
So a few weeks ago i ordered some HIDs for my 2006 cummins. When i went to put in the HIDs, once i had them in they would just shut off when i turned on my brights, but once the truck was running and it was on low beams, they would stay on for about 30 seconds then flash and go out, then would only turn on when i had my brights on, but where still the low beams. So getting fed up i took them out, now only 1 side of my low beams work, but they both work on brights. Any help? A little confused/frustrated

OP
OP
C

CumminsPastYa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I know where you didn't buy your lights. :boxed:

Wiring harness sounds like it is wired wrong.

Do the harnesses look the same?

They are DDM Tuning HIDs, im just confused because i took off everything that has to do with the HIDs, everything is back to stock and it still wont work. So confused!

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
now if all back to stock make sure all your fuses are good.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Welcome to the world of Can-Bus annoyances. You might have to take your truck to the dealership to have the computer codes reset. Sonds like it is throwing a bulbout code and it is not turning the idiot light on for you (idiot light=check engine light).

If you still want Hid's give Jeremy a shot at Retro Shop Online Store

He can most definitely hook you up witht eh correct items that you need.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
if your truck doesn't work with the halogens in it...........I hope that lovely cheapo kit didn't fry your TIPM