Headlight install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ducatiram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Hey guys,

Where is everyone mounting their caps, relays, ballasts. Etc? Any photos?

Thanks,
Ian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
anywhere that you want! no right or wrong place bud.

chuck2417

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No pictures, but the ballast can be mounted inside the headlight housing (shoving it in there) or there is a frame part coming down at an angle. Relay you would want somplace visible (drill a small hole in the fuse box holder (not the actual fuse box, you will see there is room to fit fingers on both sides of the plastic). I found it held with a zip tie and velcro. Resitors need to be mounted to metal away from plastic/wiring (those are probably the hardest to find room for). Grounds, JJ suggests to make your own (sand down paint and use a screw). Capacitor doesn't really get mounted (just grounded). Goodluck with install if you are in the process! But like mentioned above, you mount where you want, find room and make sure relay harness is long enough for everything!

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I also did what Exhausted did. Ballasts mounted on the steel, I just used 3M tape.
I have the relay mounted on the drivers side, just below that odd rubber dampener, mounted to a factory bolt for something or another.