Headlight Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ClearlyRy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
I was just wondering if anyone has had the same problem as myself. I've noticed that my headlights won't turn off some times. I will have to turn the switch from on to off a time or two to get them to shut off. Anyone else have this problem?

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Never heard of that but it sure sounds like a sticky headlight switch.

korby05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
My question to you is. Do you mean they don't shut off when you shut the truck off and then turn the switch or they don't shut off in general at any time you turn the switch?

I know on my truck and mostly everybody that I talked to that has a ram there is a delay for when you shut the truck off to keep them on. On my EVIC I can set how long they stay on after I shut the truck off(0,30,60 and 90 seconds I believe)

OP
OP
ClearlyRy

ClearlyRy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
My question to you is. Do you mean they don't shut off when you shut the truck off and then turn the switch or they don't shut off in general at any time you turn the switch?

I know on my truck and mostly everybody that I talked to that has a ram there is a delay for when you shut the truck off to keep them on. On my EVIC I can set how long they stay on after I shut the truck off(0,30,60 and 90 seconds I believe)

Sometimes either way, I've had it happen with the truck running and with the truck off. I thought maybe they would shut off eventually when I turned the truck off but they stayed on long after the dome light shut off on the inside.

smarsmar101

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is nuts, Im having the same issue. SOmetimes my headlights wont even be on on the switch... and the lights will turn on and stay on until i flip the switch like crazy till they go off.

OP
OP
ClearlyRy

ClearlyRy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
This is nuts, Im having the same issue. SOmetimes my headlights wont even be on on the switch... and the lights will turn on and stay on until i flip the switch like crazy till they go off.

I don't believe mine have ever turned on without me turning the switch but then again I don't know that I would be able to tell during the day time lol