Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rcmorton3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had to replace a broken headlight after an accident. I went ahead and did both sides but one is getting condensation and after numerous attempts I don't believe I can find the leak. I also notice that I am having a hard time seeing at night. I don't know if what I bought had the same lumens or what. I was wanting some suggestions to replace what I have that will be good quality and give me better visibility at night. I have a 2013 Ram 1500 Express. Any tips would be great!

Thanks!

OP
OP
R

rcmorton3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I posted this in electronics, but I think it fits better under this topic. Sorry for the repeat:

I had to replace a broken headlight after an accident. I went ahead and did both sides but one is getting condensation and after numerous attempts I don't believe I can find the leak. I also notice that I am having a hard time seeing at night. I don't know if what I bought had the same lumens or what. I was wanting some suggestions to replace what I have that will be good quality and give me better visibility at night. I have a 2013 Ram 1500 Express. Any tips would be great!

Thanks!

OP
OP
R

rcmorton3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went ahead and moved this over to the proper category. Sorry about that. Moderators, feel free to delete.

Thanks

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Need more info....what did you replace them with? Different housing? Bulbs?

sumgruuvz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just a question, but did you run a line of silicone all the way around the area where the clear lens connects with the housing? I did when I bought a new set of headlights and have not had one instance of condensation building up in the housing. I made sure to get in extra good where the clips are on the housing as well.

OP
OP
R

rcmorton3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I replaced the housing with something off ebay. It had bulbs in it. I got what I paid for and now need to replace the housings again since I have one leaking. I don't know much about HID/LED, etc. I don't want to do any major rewiring or anything. Just looking for a good replacement that will last and give me better visibility at night and in rain, etc.

OP
OP
R

rcmorton3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just a question, but did you run a line of silicone all the way around the area where the clear lens connects with the housing? I did when I bought a new set of headlights and have not had one instance of condensation building up in the housing. I made sure to get in extra good where the clips are on the housing as well.

Yes, I've done this on several occasions.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I've got a nice set of OEM quad headlights with bulbs ready to ship if your interested (for sale section). No issues whatsoever. I'm throwing in a set of Silvania Silverstar ZxE's to go along with them...
http://www.ramforum.com/showthread.php?p=1584148

Edit:
And your in Spartanburg, SC? If you want to come pick them up in Powdersville, SC (i85 exit 40) or meet nearby, I can make you a better deal.
PM me your number if interested and I can give you a call.

M² Mods - From my non Flammable S7!

Last edited: