Heated Seat Cushion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

acolic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi

I’m interested in replacing my front seat foam.

My drivers side heated seat is not working so that sounds like a good thing to fix when I am replacing the seat foam.

When I remove the seat covering to access the foam and I going to see a mesh heated element sitting on top of the foam?

Just wondering where the heated element is and how you remove / add it to the new foam.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moezer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Normally they come sandwiched in between the 2 foams

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A

acolic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You mean the drivers foam is in two pieces?

moezer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
You mean the drivers foam is in two pieces?

That's how the heated pads come in the seats they are sandwiched in between 2 foam layers or placed on top with it's own foaming on the pad it self

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not a 3rd gen, but on my 4th gen the pad is fastened to the top of the seat foam....there is no sandwich or anything.

The edges of the pad have double sided tape on them that is stuck directly to the seat bottom foam.

You can transfer the pad if necessary, I did it on mine....just warm up the edges that have the tape on them then slowly remove the pad. Warm up the edges again before reinstalling on a new foam.

If you are getting a new pad, it might come with the double sided tape covered, just remove the cover and stick it on.