Heated Side View Mirrors and Adjustment Buttons Lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

malatu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 L Pentastar
Two questions:

1. My heated side-view mirrors don't appear to be working. Are they temperature activated? Maybe it's not cold enough (thought my heated steering wheel and heated seats come on automatically when the outside temperatures are appropriate.

2. Are the side view mirror adjustment buttons supposed to be illuminated like all the rest that are on the driver's door. All of them except the adjustment buttons for the side view mirrors are illuminated at night.

Thanks!

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
1. I you have to put on the rear defroster in order to heat the side view mirrors. Now, I have had the rear defroster automatically come on one time when I remote started. In the 3 months I have had the truck, it has only done it 1 time, while my seats and steering wheel come on as expected.

2. I do not recall seeing the mirror control lights illuminate. Either they aren't supposed to, or mine are defective like yours. I do remember when I select a side, an LED shows up to tell me which side is selected.

EDIT: Just went outside and confirmed. All buttons light up except the mirror selector, mirror folder, and the round mirror moving buttons. in the mirror controls, a yellow LED will light up if you select either R or L.

Last edited:

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
1. I you have to put on the rear defroster in order to heat the side view mirrors. Now, I have had the rear defroster automatically come on one time when I remote started. In the 3 months I have had the truck, it has only done it 1 time, while my seats and steering wheel come on as expected.

2. I do not recall seeing the mirror control lights illuminate. Either they aren't supposed to, or mine are defective like yours. I do remember when I select a side, an LED shows up to tell me which side is selected.
Unfortunately the mirror adjustment controls are not illuminated. If you push the right or left adjustment button an orange LED will light up for a short time while you're adjusting and that is it. You're rear window defrost button and mirror defrost are one in the same if you don't have a rear window defrost then it's just for your mirrors a lot of people get confused because it looks like a rear window defrost button but basically it's for both. When you hit remote start the heated seats and wheel plus mirror defrost should turn on if it's under 40 degrees. The mirror defrost button will automatically turn off after around 10 minutes or so.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Unfortunately the mirror adjustment controls are not illuminated. If you push the right or left adjustment button an orange LED will light up for a short time while you're adjusting and that is it. You're rear window defrost button and mirror defrost are one in the same if you don't have a rear window defrost then it's just for your mirrors a lot of people get confused because it looks like a rear window defrost button but basically it's for both. When you hit remote start the heated seats and wheel plus mirror defrost should turn on if it's under 40 degrees. The mirror defrost button will automatically turn off after around 10 minutes or so.

The underlined part is not true for me... I had to put the heated mirrors on this morning as I had moisture on my mirrors and it was a few degrees under 40.

OP
OP
M

malatu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 L Pentastar
Thank for all the speedy replies!

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The underlined part is not true for me... I had to put the heated mirrors on this morning as I had moisture on my mirrors and it was a few degrees under 40.
That is strange. I did notice I gained the mirrors turning on after I had my factory remote start installed. I always remote start my truck so I'm not sure if they would turn on by just starting it manually or not. I will go out and check tomorrow and just started with the key and see if the mirrors turn on that way.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I dont have rear defrost or heated seats/steering wheel on my truck, but do have heated mirrors.

When remote starting under 40 the "rear defrost" button lights up, which indicates the heated mirrors are on.

I recently had an issue with my drivers side heated mirror....passenger one heated up warm and toasty and melted off the frost, drivers side didnt do a thing. 20 minute trip to the dealer (once they had the part in stock) and it was fixed.

OP
OP
M

malatu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 L Pentastar
OK.... one more question.

Does the icon engraved on the mirror become illuminated when the heated mirror is turned on by pressing the rear window defrost button?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OK.... one more question.

Does the icon engraved on the mirror become illuminated when the heated mirror is turned on by pressing the rear window defrost button?
No it does not.