Heater problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin_Hart

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L gas
02 ram 360 1500 3rd gen my heater doesnt put very good heat out on drivers side. Passenger side is good. I do not have side to side climate control whatever you call that. Has me puzzled. Does the air handler box still have a door for side to side even if it isnt equiped with the controls?

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

bulrid8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
02 ram 360 1500 3rd gen my heater doesnt put very good heat out on drivers side. Passenger side is good. I do not have side to side climate control whatever you call that. Has me puzzled. Does the air handler box still have a door for side to side even if it isnt equiped with the controls?

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
I can tell you my 02 did same thing. It was a clogged heater core. Pull heater hoses at engine. Flush both directions with a hose. Then pour some CLR in the heater core and let sit 10 minutes. Then do a vigorous flush both directions again. I have had hot heat for two years since flush. Hint, flush into a 5 gallon bucket, so you can see all the crap that comes out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk