HELP! Airbag light on, A/C not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yekimtrof0331

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2006 Ram 4.7l quad cab. Recently, my airbag light started coming on. When this happens, I CAN still control the speed of the air but the AC won't work and I CAN'T control the temperature of the air. Randomly while driving, the airbag light will go off and everything will work right again. How do I fix this problem?

KoboldTaco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
In order to fix a problem, you need to understand what it is that you need to fix. I hate to disappoint you, but likely this issue is electrical. You have an older truck, but everyone here may attest that when the battery voltage gets wonky, strange things happen.

I’d also check the wiring and other harness bits under your dash. You need to start somewhere, and given the airbag light, perhaps you have a worn wire in the steering column etc.

Go online and look up a wiring diagram - likely someone has one digitized that you can reference and start your diagnosis.

Good luck.

OP
OP
Y

Yekimtrof0331

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Turns out it was a bad TIPM. I installed one I found on ebay that works for my truck and it fixed the problem, however, now the left blinker doesn't work. It seems that with this year model TIPM issues are pretty common. To be fair. It is almost 20 years old.