Help on how to get best deal '18 ecodiesel 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AusEco1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Hey guys,

New member here from Australia looking to purchase a 1500 Laramie and bring it over.

I see alot of people getting $10k off MSRP is this normal? or is it only on lot stock (cars the dealer has sitting there)

I am wanting to order a Laramie with the following (hard to find)

Crew Cab 6'4 box
Ecodiesel
Air suspension
Convenience group
Rambox
Remote Start
Sunroof
8.4 +Nav

Not fussed to much on colour

NADA has a invoice price of $50,000 MSRP $55,000

If its a specific order will I be able to get a discount and are there better states for big discounts as it doesnt matter what state I buy it from for me.

I know alot will say why do you need the options but with AUD conversion rate, RHD conversion and all the other rip offs this truck will cost between $105k-115k AUD to get on road (150-180K for a 2500 here in AUS) so if im paying that im getting the bells and whistles with it.

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have heard of guys getting similar discounts when ordering, but I imagine it's rarer than buying existing stock dealers want to move. Since you can buy from any dealer, look to where there are many dealers in a metropolitan area where competition is bigger. AutoTrader.com is your friend! You should be able to find a Laramie with that equipment pretty easily, all except for the Eco-Deisel which has been scarce lately due to some issues. Good luck!

OP
OP
A

AusEco1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Thanks for the tips, are the eco's scarce a teething issues or should I look at the hemi?

Reason I wanted Diesel is being fuel is $1.50 per litre here or about $4.50 per gallonUSD .

So keeping MPG would be great but also on long trips almost all 4x4 here are diesel and when we go long trips to tip of AUS its easier for everyone to use diesel incase someone runs short than if i was petrol I am on my own. (hope that makes sense)

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I'd keep looking for the diesel and peruse websites for those large volume dealers, such as Dennis Dillon or Dave Smith.

OP
OP
A

AusEco1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
thanks, Are there any other large dealers to look for ?

ncgrl1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 RAM LongHorn 4x4
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
31dodge is a high volume dealer. They are located in central North Carolina.

sportcoupe

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Rebel Mojave Sand
Engine
OP, you want to import a brand new 2018 Ram 1500 yourself? Good luck. How are you going to get it through customs as a USA spec vehicle without a Vehicle Import Approval?

Importing a car into Australia -customs, duty, GST, Import Approval Permits

BTW, we here in the States have not been able to order a eco diesel Ram 1500 for almost 2 years now. You are asking for something we cannot get here in the States yet.

OP
OP
A

AusEco1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Yes, I have done the research and I should be able to under the SEVS scheme here in Victoria.

We have many 2500's and other new Us cars coming here now as LHD and get converted and complianced by shops here hence the mark up in price for compliance and conversion it will cost $42,000 AUD alone.

So getting it here and on road isnt an issue.

I find Eco's online currently so why have people been waiting so long whats the issue with getting them?

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Our EPA was "investigating" the emissions here in the states. Have you checked out the V6 Pentastar ?

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've shopped many times for RAMs and Jeep and Dennis Dillon has always been the lowest out the door price by $300-$500 US. On rare occasions, the FCA regional incentives in Idaho are not as good as in other regions.

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
AusEco.....as mentioned by huntergreen, the Pentastar V-6 is a nice medium as far as power and consumption. Worth a look. Plenty of people here very happy with them.

sportcoupe

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Rebel Mojave Sand
Engine
I've shopped many times for RAMs and Jeep and Dennis Dillon has always been the lowest out the door price by $300-$500 US. On rare occasions, the FCA regional incentives in Idaho are not as good as in other regions.

I'll bet he doesn't ship to Australia. :)

Cold, you're on jeepforum too, right?

CrispyBacon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you need a full size truck? Are you using it for towing, or off roading?

Honestly, if you're not towing, the Australian version of the Nissan Frontier has a sweet diesel engine that we can't get in north America. It's also more capable off road.

OP
OP
A

AusEco1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Yea I need a full size, or Ill have to get a custom tray, Got a pw50, ttr50, ttr230, and Beta 300RR to fit on back plus a 850 camper trailer to tow