***help!!!*** ram 1500 lsd & 4.10 gear swap questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

12lowram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
Hello all,

Have a 2012 Ram Express with the A-typical 3.55's and open diff and considering getting an LSD and 4.10's. I've researched high and low for R/T rearends and haven't really come back with much. So, what I'm trying to find out exactly is if the links below are the correct parts that I need. I know that I have the ZF rearend and have heard rumors that these parts will work as long as a diff shop trims the inside of the housing????

Auburn Limited Slip Differential for 9.25" Rear

Motive 4.10 Gears for 9.25" Rear

Ultimately I'm trying to do this swap for under $1200 if I can, thus the reason for the Auburn LSD (Cheap but have heard some good things), and the 4.10's from Motive through Moes. I figure labor will probably run close to $400+ so I think I'm in the right ballpark. If anyone else here has swapped over to a limited slip rearend or has used aftermarket gears on the rear carrier, please feel free to chime in, I'm trying to get this done before January if I can. PLEASE HELP!

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Unfortunately, the only limited slip unit available for the 2011-up trucks is the factory Mopar LSD. And you can use the Motive gears, but you would need to have the carrier machined to accept the Motives. Dodge made this a very difficult and very costly install. Try hitting up Josh at Modern Performance Engineering in Florida. He sells pre modified factory Limited slip units for about $850 shipped. Then you would just need the aftermarket gears. It is going to cost more than your projected $1200 after labor, but unfortunately, this is the only option.

You can also check all the local; scrap yards to see if anyone has a wrecked RT that you could buy the complete rear axle from. That would probably be a cheaper and easier alternative.

OP
OP
12lowram

12lowram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
That's exactly what I figured. I've looked in junk yards all over the US (using databases), and the only one I could find was in Louisiana for $1200 out of a wrecked R/T (Not bad, but its over 1k mi away. I tried making a post here not that long ago, but if there's any R/T guys on here that would be willing to sacrifice their rearend & wheels I'll swap out my rearend and my 24" KMC Slides in trade... Really hunting for the gears at this point.

Hemi_Express2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I'm looking into this also, mine being a 4x4, I figured $2000 an axle and still that might be on the low side.

fasthemiram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eagle 5.7 vvt
If you're running 24's id go for 4.56's anyway.
Hit me up with a pm Im feeling generous for the holidays. Might let this last modified carrier go Cheaper.