HELP TESTING POWER WINDOWS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaPitt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
OK So Guys I'm terrible at Electrical work.
SO what I'm planning I want to add a different door to the passenger side of my 1988 D250 SINGLE CAB W/ Manual windows. . I have the door that I pulled off a 1987 dodge Ramcharger.. It was a rather nice Ramcharger & I've used lots of part from it already. SO I'd expect for the motors & switches to be good.
.... But I have the door off & laying in the floor of my shop . I'm thinking I can place a battery beside the door. & connect a lead to the negative post of the battery & connect the other end of that lead to ''WHICH WIRE '' on the plug hanging from the door.
& Then hook another lead to the positive post on the battery & Activate the window switch & can I just start touching the pins in that plug . OR Will I fry my pins of fry my motor if I touch the wrong pin. Or will it just spark . I wasn't sure if it'll hurt the pins in the plug.
OR CAN I buy a voltage cheap tester from Harbor Freight & start touching PIN & WATCH FOR THE METER NIDDLE TO MOVE.

OP
OP
P

PaPitt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
No one want to chime in on testing these motors. I really just need to know which wire is the ones I need to put ground to & power to .
If the motors don't work I will just replace them But I need to know what wire it takes t make them go up & or down.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I don't believe that i have any shop books of that era of Dodge Trucks
It would have the color of the wire sheathing

possibly this site might help a bit

Forum statistics

Threads