HELP: What does this "Performance Hemi" sticker in my engine bay mean?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FloridaHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Alrighty folks, I bought this truck used 5 months ago.

The previous owner was a RAM mechanic who worked at the dealership I bought it from.

As far as I can tell he hasn't done anything to it besides the level kit and 35's (Nitto Ridge Grapplers) - which I was stoked about because he saved me some cash of doing it myself.

Nevertheless, attached are two pictures; which may or may not be related to each other.

First, is the sticker found under the hood in the engine bay. I've googled it every which way I can and not a single hit has come up.

Anyone else have a sticker like this? Is it something that goes into every truck? The "Performance Hemi" is what's throwing me off.

IMG_3330.jpg

The second picture is to see if anyone can help identify what these screw holes he drilled were for. Basically, I'd like to know what he had there and also want to know if it's something that may have been tied to this "Performance Hemi"
IMG_3329.jpg

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Those holes look like the right spacing for a Pedal Commander bracket, maybe he had one & took it off.
The sticker I have no idea.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Alrighty folks, I bought this truck used 5 months ago.

The previous owner was a RAM mechanic who worked at the dealership I bought it from.

As far as I can tell he hasn't done anything to it besides the level kit and 35's (Nitto Ridge Grapplers) - which I was stoked about because he saved me some cash of doing it myself.

Nevertheless, attached are two pictures; which may or may not be related to each other.

First, is the sticker found under the hood in the engine bay. I've googled it every which way I can and not a single hit has come up.

Anyone else have a sticker like this? Is it something that goes into every truck? The "Performance Hemi" is what's throwing me off.

View attachment 215865

The second picture is to see if anyone can help identify what these screw holes he drilled were for. Basically, I'd like to know what he had there and also want to know if it's something that may have been tied to this "Performance Hemi"
View attachment 215866

If he worked at the dealer you bought it from,why don't you go in and ask the previous owner,i'd think he'd know more about the truck then we would. Seems to me that'd be the easiest way to find out what he'd done to the truck during his ownership of it.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I’m going to venture a guess that the tech no longer works there ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
FloridaHemi

FloridaHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Correct, he no longer works there.

The dealership is also a 3hr drive from where I live now.

Also, I've already called and there's nothing in their system. All they can say is it could be related to the recalls performed but that doesn't explain the "performance Hemi" part.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Correct, he no longer works there.

The dealership is also a 3hr drive from where I live now.

Also, I've already called and there's nothing in their system. All they can say is it could be related to the recalls performed but that doesn't explain the "performance Hemi" part.

Find another truck that's close to yours and run it,if you run away from it,then you got something,lol. Did you get the previous owners name,if so you should be able to track him down.

Sandevino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
The only reference that comes to mind is the John Amato Ram dealership and the Amato Auto Group in Wisconsin. You might give them a call and inquire at +1 (414) 410-9716.

Which dealer did you buy this from?

LoadedExpressRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have you got under your truck and looked at the exhaust? May they installed the Mopar performance exhaust. Anything other than the sticker stand out?

misfit77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks like something EPA related was installed by dealer, Amato.

I find it odd. I would expect a CARB sticker for mods, but Amato is in Wisconsin.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

savage_46

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 swapped
The sticker is supposed to be required when updating the pcm. Have a dealer run your Vin. Everything done in the last 2 years pops up very easily. Like tach tech said, probably from the pcm recall (U65?).

OP
OP
FloridaHemi

FloridaHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I came across the Amato group and thought about that but my truck was bought new in Florida 3hrs from where I am now.

It has stock exhaust - I've been looking at upgrading the muffler of full cat back for a while so I've been under it to scope things out.

Dealer told me it's likely the PCM module so I bet you're right.

As for the holster, that was my first thought too.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
FCA Dealer code 60257 is Lakeland Chrysler Dodge Jeep. Kimberly Nugent (407)404-3267, [email protected]. (at least as of 03/19/2018). I also googled the part number for that tag, and although I did find images of that same tag, and new, blank versions, they were noted with PCM reprogramming, or catalytic converter replacement. Couldn't find anything like yours is noted.

JS4024

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
New software update the affected performance. No faster, no more power.... most likely related to emissions