Herculiner on rockers and bed ?s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

westtnfx4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Rustoluem bed liner in a spray can works great to. The finish is real nice and it's paintable. Only $8 bucks a can and you can do a full size trucks rockers with 3 cans.

OP
OP
ramin44s

ramin44s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
^ i may try that, is it a textured finish?

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
To bad you are not closer to Illinois , I am opening up my own shop and business doing this stuff . plus other stuff truck related . I could give you a hell of a deal .

OP
OP
ramin44s

ramin44s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
^ i know id be all over that if we were closer

westtnfx4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
^ i may try that, is it a textured finish?

Here are some pics of a F150 I done in the Rustoleum (you can buy at autozone) It's pretty good stuff.

First pic is when it was just black before I painted to match the rockers and bumpers....

975594ee.jpg

e01121f2.jpg

23310a35.jpg

Then the Paint to match paint (in a can at autozone )...

5bfb4e8e.jpg

98f4191e.jpg

d3246c93.jpg

OP
OP
ramin44s

ramin44s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
that looks really good especially considering it was done with a spray can, you just taped it off and painted or what kind of prep did you do?

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Rustoluem bed liner in a spray can works great to. The finish is real nice and it's paintable. Only $8 bucks a can and you can do a full size trucks rockers with 3 cans.

He duplicolor is basically the same. We used the rustoleum rattle can on my brothers Cherokee and duplicolor rattle canon the ram
He and I both like the texture of the duplicolor better, the way you spray it makes a difference to
If your getting to the end of a can don't try to squeeze it all out, it starts turning to a gray/white

westtnfx4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
that looks really good especially considering it was done with a spray can, you just taped it off and painted or what kind of prep did you do?

Light sanding and good cleaning. Tape it off and your ready to shoot.

He duplicolor is basically the same. We used the rustoleum rattle can on my brothers Cherokee and duplicolor rattle canon the ram
He and I both like the texture of the duplicolor better, the way you spray it makes a difference to
If your getting to the end of a can don't try to squeeze it all out, it starts turning to a gray/white

I have to disagree....I've used both and the duplicolor was not as durable. Also the texture of the Rustoluem is alot better. It's sprays better to with no discoloring at the end of a can. It will fade after a while but if you paint it black or paint to match it looks great for a long time.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Matter of oppinion really. I was looking for a little bit more grit in the texture then the rustoleum and duplicolor did. My brother happenened to like it more as well. I do t like the texture of herculiner for rockers but some people do.
The rustoleum did hold up well on my brothers jeep. I've only had the duplicolored rockers for about 6 months but I've been happy with it so far, even on the rust spot is prayed over till I can fix it this summer lol
What year is that f150? Was it actually an fx4 or did you just sticker it? Curious why it doesn't have the factory flares
That was a nice truck as well!

westtnfx4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
It was a 05 and no it wasnt a Fx4. My buddy makes decals and had those laying around. I pulled them off and put the 2010 4x4 decals on it. Thanks.