Hey! Some Guidance Please!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DJS1980

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi all. Just joined. On my 3rd RAM, but this is the first I bought and did not lease so looking to make some upgrades. Could you please point me to a few threads to get the basics on lift kits, rim/tire size and the considerations that need to be taken into account when lifting/putting on bigger tires/rims?

Thanks very much!

ThorsRams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 5.7l v8
Lift kits and bigger rims/tires always wear some components out quicker. I hear of ppl adding better sway bars and 4x4 core parts to help when they lift stuff. I’m sure some more people will chime in that have done more lifts than me. I lifted my jeep patriot and boy did I regret it. Drove like total ass and it loaded up the struts which made it stiff and bang on every bump. The truck has enough clearance for my minor off-road fishing adventures.

ThorsRams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 5.7l v8
Stay way from puck lift kits that’s my opinion from the jeep experience I had lol

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
Lifting a patriot lol (jk) what kind of truck ifs or solid axle how much and how big of tires do you want. Hardcore mudder or rock crawler overlanding. Depends what you want to do and the truck it’s self. My recommendation for daily driver and overlanding is the largest tire you can fit on the stock rims go with minimal lift 1/:2inch remember that on a 4x4 sibewall is your friend. Bigger tires not bigger rims

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Welcome to the forum! As Danielmid posted; have a look in the Lifted section. LOADS of info there.

Adam

ThorsRams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 5.7l v8
Lifting a patriot lol (jk) what kind of truck ifs or solid axle how much and how big of tires do you want. Hardcore mudder or rock crawler overlanding. Depends what you want to do and the truck it’s self. My recommendation for daily driver and overlanding is the largest tire you can fit on the stock rims go with minimal lift 1/:2inch remember that on a 4x4 sibewall is your friend. Bigger tires not bigger rims
***** hey when you want them fishing spots but don’t want to bottom out .. ‍♂️ I sent it hahahha

ThorsRams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 5.7l v8
20200422_192806.jpegShe was gutless but a good fishing buddy haha … just hated a pot hole *****

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat