Hey there!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 L Hemi
Been a Ram owner since 2003, upgraded from a Dakota before that. Been through the mill with Dodge, starting with a '64 Coronet, a '78 Aspen (with a 360 but no one would believe me till I popped the hood!) Then the infamous 1985 Charger - the Omni charger. Slow as molasses, but the thing lasted almost 200,000 miles though. Then the 95 dakota and a 97 neon.

The 2003 is a Flame Red Quad Cab 2500 4x4. Snow prep, towing packages. Basically it has everything you could throw on it at that time. I added the fancy tail light covers, running boards, and a tonneau cover.

I've had various camper trailers, including a slide-in tuck camper at one point, right now we have a hybrid 20 footer. We like to go west with it, so I need some Mopar muscle to get up and over the Rockies from the flatlands of Illinois.

So now that my 03 is getting older, I'm considering a new model. Maybe a 2016. So many options and trims to choose from though. It'll be the 6.4 L Crew Cab 6' bed. Not sure about the axle yet, probably the 4.10 but maybe the 3.73. I may come up with some questions when optioning this one up, but a couple things are on my mind though, with the somewhat bad luck I've had with Dodge in the past and the recent recall fiasco, how is the reliability these days? Are the trannies still clunking and are the bodies rusting badly too soon? I'll appreciate any thoughts/tips.

Attachments

• PB200488 Edited.jpg
    PB200488 Edited.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 50

1ATony

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
welcome to the site

Tony :head3: