HID Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jgruberman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0L
I just replaced older HID ballasts with a new kit both bulbs and ballasts. The driver side turns on super quick but the passenger side sometimes will and sometimes won't. I can sometimes turn the lights off from inside the cab and back on and the passenger side will come on, sometimes not. However, if I open the hood and disconnect and reconnect the connector between the ballast and the length of wire from the relay(at the fuse box) and reconnect it, it always turns back on.

I've tried replacing the relay and checked all wiring, can't figure out what's going on with it. Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

patchelect

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It sounds like a bad connector. Sometimes it makes and sometimes it doesn't.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
what brand? does it have relay harness, capacitors, resistors?

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, 6" Rough Co lift, Fuel wheels, Bully Dog Gt, K&N CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust
Nick is onto it. If your kit doesn’t have that. It will do weird things. Rams are goofy. Gotta have canbus set up with resistors.

OP
OP
jgruberman

jgruberman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0L
what brand? does it have relay harness, capacitors, resistors?
I don't know the brand name off the top of my head but the ballasts are Canbus and there are resistors connectedt to prevent the bulb out

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hopefully its a loose connections BUT if not its probably a faulty product. If its a "no name" ebay or amazon kit that is usually the case. not saying they are all bad but I get lots of customers buying Morimoto kits from us to replace the cheaper kits they previously bought due to constant issues