HIDs in a 2013 ram (factory projectors)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
So your truck will always show the low beam headlight out error unless the headlights are turned on? I wonder if maybe since the daytime running lights are going through the main headlight cable that it checks all connections and sees there is no resistance without the headlights being on? Anyone know trucks with DRL running hids through a relay harness and not having the bulb out message ever? The canbus kit I had on the lows never gave me a bulb out error. But the drivers side would sometimes flicker slightly. Nothing to the extent of what I had when this new kit was installed and I got over 70. That was on and off, serious flickering.

trucks with drls through the high beam with harness's don't get codes, but they do get full high beams as drls vs. reduced power, I get bulb out on the times I turn my lights on they flash and go off, weird thing happened the other day when I was trying to trouble shoot, when i'd use remote start then hit run in the truck i'd get no hid's(which is my main problem) no led's on the relay's to show they are on, but no bulb out? so seems for whatever reason power was going through the resistors(keeping the bulb out light off) but not going through to trigger the relay