High gas prices and mds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
That's right And responsible Americans,no matter where they are at the moment should get out of the way and let me make a difference....right? Lol
There's a meme floating around that makes me think of you,lol."With the price of gas,i'll no longer be stopping at stop signs or redlights,as i can't afford the idle time",followed up by "stay safe out there",lol

OP
OP
Octane

Octane

Reaction score
There's a meme floating around that makes me think of you,lol."With the price of gas,i'll no longer be stopping at stop signs or redlights,as i can't afford the idle time",followed up by "stay safe out there",lol
There was actually a woman in metro Atlanta are a few years ago that was in such a hurry she wouldn't wait in the traffic that was backed up ahead of her and she approached at high rate of speed and went on the sidewalk around traffic and as she approached the intersection she hit two young teens and killed them.
I believe she said she was real real sorry as they sentenced her. I believe it was McDonough or Newnan Ga.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
She must have realized the pollution from the cremations undid her fuel savings environmentally. Not to mention the traffic jam it caused and how aggressively the emergency services drove out to try to save them. my sense of humor might be a little dark at times. In truth I think that's a tragedy and darn you @Octane for making me feel bad.

OP
OP
Octane

Octane

Reaction score
She must have realized the pollution from the cremations undid her fuel savings environmentally. Not to mention the traffic jam it caused and how aggressively the emergency services drove out to try to save them. my sense of humor might be a little dark at times. In truth I think that's a tragedy and darn you @Octane for making me feel bad.
Anytime I can be of service! Lol

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll keep on using my remote start every single day like I've always been as well.
Anyone else use theirs everyday? What a great option to have.

OP
OP
Octane

Octane

Reaction score
I guess I missed it ...

JHoward
You didn't miss it.Some bring cheer by coming,and others by going! I'M BAACCK!! But anyhoo I thought one of my previous posts might be safer to the topic at hand if I deleted my comment.

Last edited:

Awokenotwoke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They don't want to hear it and will ignore your post and the facts.

Fact: It's still imported oil. Imported oil does not make the US "energy independent" or help US oil industry jobs.

Fact: The refined products are largely for export. Exports do not help US gas prices.

Fact: You get less gasoline per barrel from heavy oil like tar sands than you do from light oil like from Texas. Less gasoline from refineries does not help US gas prices. The opposite, actually.

Fact: Refinery capacity is more of a bottle neck than oil production in the US. If refineries are making less gasoline for the domestic market in favor of other products for other markets, that does not help US gas prices. The opposite, actually.

Fact: Keystone XL creates a lot more permanent jobs in Canada than it does in the US. Much like NAFTA did, it's a loss for high paying American blue collar jobs.

Regardless of the reasoning given to the public for it's cancellation, it's completion is not a win for the US, is not a win for US consumers, and will *hurt* the domestic oil industry. The only winners are Canada and refiners.

Fun extra fact: Many of our major refineries are wholly or majority foreign investor owned.
More ”facts“ for you:
1. About 1/2 million barrels per day from Alberta is “white oil” which has had primary refining and the diesel distillates removed - it is the fuel used to power the diesel equipment used in mining the oil - and so what is left is valuable for the gasoline, oil, and petroleum-chemical products.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Hence the auto stop/start golf cart thing on vehicles. God, how I'd hate that. Yeah, yeah, I know you can turn it off somehow, but still. How about coordinating the stoplights for a change? Sheesh, my hometown had that done since the 1960's. Now I live in a burb that stops you every quarter mile for 15 seconds. Ridiculous.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Hence the auto stop/start golf cart thing on vehicles. God, how I'd hate that. Yeah, yeah, I know you can turn it off somehow, but still. How about coordinating the stoplights for a change? Sheesh, my hometown had that done since the 1960's. Now I live in a burb that stops you every quarter mile for 15 seconds. Ridiculous.
You got that right.Personally i think the light timing is done,to generate money from the redlight camera's for the city tax coffers,more then it's done to speed up traffic flow.

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
And we're back to simultaneously complaining about the price of fuel and deliberately avoiding any effort to save money by saving fuel. I'll make sure to tell all the libs I know they're being owned. :Big Laugh:

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
And we're back to simultaneously complaining about the price of fuel and deliberately avoiding any effort to save money by saving fuel. I'll make sure to tell all the libs I know they're being owned. :Big Laugh:
I want the libtards to worry about my gas consumption.
You should see how much gas my supercharged Mustang sucks down. HA HAAAAAAA

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Isn't your truck lifted on bigger then stock tires?

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Some people have grown up things to do and don't define themselves by who they hate. You can be well assured that no "libs" care about your Mustang.

Matter of fact I'm certain you would use that word to describe me, I also have a Hemi Ram and two Mustangs. And a Jeep. And my wife has a Mustang. And we have guns & have dressed and eaten what we've killed.

But this still isn't a football game with only two teams on the field and making the other team "lose" is generally a loss for yourself as well. I know that will never sink in and that's what disappoints me most. So there you go, you "owned" a lib... but not the way you wanted to.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
And so, back to semi-reality, my put is, and always has been, a reasonable cost-benefit ratio, just like we did at work when ranking and stacking projects to work on. Going after the last 10% efficiency by spending 90% of the resources is the opposite of that, and that's where I rank things like MDS and transmission oil thermostats.

OP
OP
Octane

Octane

Reaction score
Well,I saved $20 on gas money today.An older gent that is virtually blind from macular degeneration lives alone.He hires me to take him places at times.He pays rather well.And he's a blast to run with.He is an old rancher from Idaho and Miles City Montana.He can find more ways to tie and twist a rope.I can just tie my sneakers. I'm beat by a blind man! Lol.He put gas in the truck today and we cruised. But $20 certainly don't buy much gas but I get about 17 and slightly up mpg out here and he gives me much more money at times.I remember when my 6 cylinders back in the day got that and not much better,and I get this with a hemi V8.Not too shabby...